cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt price changes (increase) from 7th January 2018 , everyone else to follow?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Bt price changes (increase) from 7th January 2018 , everyone else to follow?

Look like BT are increasing  prices very shortly: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/761/a_id/56087/

In my view am sure PN will not be far behind, only time will tell.

Mike
7 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Bt price changes (increase) from 7th January 2018 , everyone else to follow?

Just goes to show, there's no such thing as a 'free' upgrade. Yes, I'm on about the upgrade in speeds from 38/2 to 38/10. That, and the fact it's getting towards christmas (again).

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
ffox
Rising Star

Re: Bt price changes (increase) from 7th January 2018 , everyone else to follow?

Don't forget than landline-only customers are getting a big price cut next April. 

https://tinyurl.com/y8vkmu4k

Community Veteran

Yes, give with one hand take with the other three.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

ffox wrote:

Don't forget than landline-only customers are getting a big price cut next April. 

Of course BT are doing this out of the goodness of their own heart and respect for customers. Wink

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Does this mean that I'm getting a big price cut because I pay BT for my phoneline but subscribe with Plusnet for my broadband?

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

VileReynard wrote:

Does this mean that I'm getting a big price cut because I pay BT for my phoneline but subscribe with Plusnet for my broadband?

No

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7855-bt-landline-only-customers-to-get-7-windfall-in-april-2018

We had wondered what would happen to those people who have BT line rental but broadband via another provider and the Ofcom news is pretty clear today that the price cut does not apply to you. What will happen though is that BT is meant to help those customers take advantage of bundles to lower their overall price paid out for fixed line broadband and phone. While moving to a bundle is cheaper for some there are combinations particularly for home workers where you cannot get the same services in a bundle currently. Our guess then is that the result is that those paying BT line rental and have broadband with another operator will get more promotional material for BT bundles, we cannot envisage BT Consumer agreeing to the promote bundles from other operators.

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I somehow thought that there is no such thing as a free or cheap lunch. Cry