Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brruce Lee would've been 73 today!

RichAllen
Grafter

Brruce Lee would've been 73 today!

Topic.
He was born on November 27th 1940, and died in July 1973 at the age of 32 two weeks prior to the International release of Enter the Dragon, the movie which would've launched his career.
According to Wikipedia the official reason he died was an allergic reaction to headache tablets, but there's been rumours of dirty deeds for years.
Anyone remember him or seen his movies? Enter the Dragon's on Sky tonight at 10 PM if you're interested.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Brruce Lee would've been 73 today!

I've seen Enter the Dragon some time ago.
My grandson is currently a purple belt in Shotokan Karate so there was some curiosity toward Bruce Lee but the difference between the styles 'diluted' his interest.
To me Bruce Lee always seemed to over dramatise the fight sequences.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RichAllen
Grafter

I got up to blue belt in Shotokan Karate before being forced to retire from training due to injury (did my back in training one night), I'd go back if I could but I fell out with the instructor last year, called him a grumpy old man on Facebook and he took the nark, said I'm no longer welcome at his classes.
Fixes: 47

Naughty boy....you have to respect the Dojo and Sensei. Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RichAllen
Grafter

I do respect him, he's just got no sense of humor.
I was well respected back as well, being one of the eldest even 10 years ago when I first went to him at 27.
WTF
Grafter

Enter the Dragon was the first X-rated movie I ever went to - my dad took me and my baby bro'.  He got to kiosk and asked for one-and-two-halves.  Somehow, we still got in Wink
Had a soft spot for Bruce Lee ever since.  I'm sure, if he was still around he'd be hitting the baddies with his zimmerframe.
Also really like the guy the HK movie industry promoted as his successor: Jackie Chan - though Jackie kinda took things in a different direction later on Smiley