cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown envelopes mean important content right!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Brown envelopes mean important content right!

I thought brown envelopes were only there because the postie got caught short... Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Quote from: Kremmen
I get a weekly letter from Virgin Media that goes straight into recycle unopened. Must be costing them a fortune with these unanswered junk mailings.
Those that I do open that have return envelopes often get my junk pizza leaflets.

It`ll cost `em twice as much if you just    Cross out the address,... write on it ... Not Known, or Gone away...  (providing you are not named )  and post it back in the big red box provided by Royal Mail... or  just cross out the address and write R.T.S. in BIG letters across the face of the envelope and re-post as above.
Community Veteran

Obviously your ideas are the same as many other people also follow. The return envelopes will be taken into account when companies look at the success of their mailings. It must be worth it or they wouldn't carry on doing it Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: twocvbloke
brown envelopes were only there because the postie got caught short... Shocked

I keep an eye out for green ones when the postie has the sniffles.
Community Veteran

I have never had junk in brown enevelopes.  Council and gov letters are usually brown, so I always open them.
White is 80% statements for bank, electric etc. and 19% virgin media junk, 1% other junk.
Funny since royal mail got privatised a lot of junk mail stopped, I no longer get the big leaflets, only stuff that is put in an envelope which is mostly virgin media,.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

I guess brown envelopes are the cheapest form of paper.
Much of our junk mail is in the form of printed leaflets on shiny white paper which must be the most expensive form of advertising, usually for double glazing, fast food outlets, BT, etc
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Brown envelopes IMHO are pretending to be Manilla envelopes http://www.euroffice.co.uk/blog/why-are-they-called-manila-envelopes/
Originally Manilla envelopes were durable extra quality possibly multi journey products favoured by government departments, banks etc.
I think though as has been said above the brown envelopes referred to are a selling ploy.  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra