cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown envelopes mean important content right!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Brown envelopes mean important content right!

Not when its from Captial One offering a credit card, it easy to spot the white ones to auto bin them, but now the sods are using official looking brown envelopes after getting one just now.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
21 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Brown envelopes mean important content right!

I don't notice the colour of envelope - just where it has come from. After unsuccessfully asking Capital One and various other credit card/'financial advice'/pension 'help'  companies to remove me from mailing lists, I just return the 'important details' or terms & conditions leaflets in the supplied envelopes after ensuring there is no identifiable information on anything I send back.If they can't take 'no' for an answer, they can pay to get the rubbish back.
John
Community Veteran

At least it helps the profits at Royal Mail Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@jab1.... been doing that for years.... the other thing I do, is to re-post all the "junk mail" in the big red post box too.!...
gswindale
Grafter

I'm more likely to ignore a brown envelope than a white one to be honest with you.
Everything from the back etc comes in white.
It only seems to be junk mail that we get that arrives in a brown envelope.
Community Veteran

Government departments (Tax, NI,etc) tend to use brown envelopes. Much as we'd like to ignore these it isn't advised Wink
gswindale
Grafter

Neither of which have written to me in about 10 years!
Think the last thing I had through in a brown envelope was my car tax last Sept - do they still write to you to remind you now we no longer have discs?
We get junk about water filters and Cable TV in brown envelopes round here.
Community Veteran

Don't you get an annual pension statement telling you the amount payable during the next year?
Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo
Don't you get an annual pension statement telling you the amount payable during the next year?

I do for my private pension but in a white envelope. Everything else from the DWP is in brown.
Quote from: geofftswin
Think the last thing I had through in a brown envelope was my car tax last Sept - do they still write to you to remind you now we no longer have discs?

I got a reminder letter a few weeks ago as my tax expires at the end of March and set up a monthly Direct Debit online.
Today there were 5 white envelopes and 1 brown. The brown was from DVLA as my photo part expires on 15/5/15. I suppose they'll send out the paper part which I can throw away just 24 days later Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: artmo

Er no!
Not likely to any time soon either as the way things are going, it'll be at least 35 years before I can get my state pension!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav

Today there were 5 white envelopes and 1 brown. The brown was from DVLA as my photo part expires on 15/5/15. I suppose they'll send out the paper part which I can throw away just 24 days later Cheesy

Yes, the paper counterpart licence becomes obsolete on 8th June.
Paper Licence
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That will improve the total m.p.g. of all vehicles in the U.K. then
Reducing weight carried, is supposed to increase the M.P.G. .... is it not  ? ? ?    Cheesy
Fixes: 125

But I haven't seen any details about the cost being reduced from £14 (£17 if not done online) for not using all the ink and paper Cry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Gus
Not when its from Captial One offering a credit card,

My wife said exactly the same thing this morning - she had the same "offer" from Capital One. She also said the same about them trying to make it look "official".
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I get a weekly letter from Virgin Media that goes straight into recycle unopened. Must be costing them a fortune with these unanswered junk mailings.
Those that I do open that have return envelopes often get my junk pizza leaflets.
Let's be careful out there !