Fixes: 3

Broadband no contract?

Is this still an option?

18 REPLIES 18
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Re: Broadband no contract?

@Leapy  If PlusNet don`t do it..... have a look at these guys....

https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/

Excellent Customer service.... Wink

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Offers seem to change every week.

All ISP should be required to put in writing what they are actually offering to include any extra costs or main conditions in adverts.

This might prevent some customers thinking they are getting a deal at a particular cost only to discover they are paying more than the price advertised.

Many offers fail to make it clear in the main advert (rather than small writing it pages of terms and conditions) what you are actually signing up too.

Even worse if you fail to get what you thought you were signing up to there is little you can do about it.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

It all gets a bit tiresome having juggle chop and change these special offers from all and sundry.

Time was when prices stayed pretty much the same across the board. The thing I have noticed with all this online tracking of your known searches, purchases interests and wants - is that prices presented are often higher.

I was looking for the best price on something like compare the market.com the other day and was directed to one as being the cheapest when knew in fact it was not.

Online purchasing gets more like dealing with car dealer "Boycie" Boyce every day. 😎

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
shutter
Community Veteran

@Minivanman  The thing is,.... if you are satisfied with the service level you get from your supplier... is it worth changing just to save £1 a month ?  cos looking at it that way.. there just does not seem to be any point... the service you get from the new supplier may not be as good.. so.. Yeah.... check out new suppliers... but go on the service level... not just the price..

Fortunately for me... ( because of Plusnets dishonesty regarding closing Live Chat,... and other things) .I found a new supplier.. that gives excellent email customer contact service.. and is projecting towards a "Live Chat" facility on their website ... the price ?  about the same as PN.. on a monthly basis.. so .. a "no brainer" as the saying goes...    

This is me -> Smiley

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Yep, better the devil you know as they say @shutter 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Leapy wrote:

Is this still an option?

@Leapy 

Not a direct answer to your question, but when a 12/18 month contract finishes you automatically go on to a rolling 1 month contract, requiring, I believe, 30 days notice to avoid a penalty (which would only be 1 months payment anyway).

Leapy
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 3

@RobPN  Maybe I was being ironic as I don't think there was ever a deal, from anyone without a contract. Roll_eyes remember, my word is my bond, that is a contract.

As you say, a 1-month contract,  is a contract and if requiring, any notice, means you agree to T&Cs,  or break the contract, so even that is a contract...is it not?

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Leapy 

Fair enough, I hadn't clicked/played the video, but now I have I see it's about no 'annual' contract.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

@Minivanman wrote:

It all gets a bit tiresome

It certainly does.

At the end of the day whoever you're with at whatever price you're paying for a wire to carry your data stream back and forth to other devices on other wires.

Why the need for so much complication? - what you're really paying for is the customer service, CEO, a few managers and call queues but even then there is no way of knowing if it's good or bad until it's too late.

Whoever you're with, you're paying for a wire to another device. That's the sheer basics of it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

@7up   Yup !.... and I get better customer service, than I did..... for the same price. ! 

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@RobPN wrote: you automatically go on to a rolling 1 month contract, requiring, I believe, 30 days notice to avoid a penalty (which would only be 1 months payment anyway).

I wouldn't like to say definitely one way or the other for sure. All I know is when I left PN I was already out of contract and it took about 14 days from me signing up with the new provider to switch from PN to them. So less than 30 days notice - I didn't even inform PN that I was leaving as the changeover is new provider led. The amount I got charged as a final bill from PN was the simply outrageous amount of £0.23 !!!! 🤣  😂

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Since you pay PN monthly in advance, did they refund your 'unused' rental etc?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 19

Haven't had a contract for 6+ years.

If I leave, I think I have to pay some kind of "setup charge" of around £25 + 30 days notice (bit vague about this).

Since this was before Plusnet "offered" Telephones, mobiles, TV etc, I'm not lumbered with all that stuff.

Because its a fixed monthly charge I'm relatively immune to the vagaries of the accounting system.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

When I joined Plusnet in 2008, their main selling points were a UK call centre and no contract as such - you only had to give a month's notice to leave without penalty.

IIRC they then started to offer a two tier system - with or without contract at different prices.

Now of course if you stay on after contract you're paying more by default.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N