Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Choices

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Broadband Choices

Hi all
Broadbandchoices have a new ad on the TV at the moment featuring an old BR NSE slamdoor carriage.
I was just wondering if anyone knows where this carriage is located? I know there is one at the spa valley which is in use as a cafe carriage but as far as I am aware it's stationary and not moved. The one on the advert is clearly a 'mover' from the looks of things.
Admittedly though, it does look similar to the spa valley railways buffet car as the part where the ticket inspector is seen in the ad looks very similar behind him.
Anyone got any ideas?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Broadband Choices

Howdi all
Well I've just had a reply from BroadbandChoices!
Thank you for your email to broadbandchoices.co.uk and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
The train was indeed the one at Spa Valley Railway in Tunbridge Wells and by the magic of TV we got it moving! You can see it all here in our 'making of the advert' video: http://bit.ly/15fyRKT

If you click the link it will show you how they made it (skip to 40 seconds to get to the railway carriage bit). To think.. I've been on that carriage!!! If any of you ever get chance to go to the spa valley railway, I must highly recommend the cafe / buffet carriage to you. Although it's stationary, it's a splendid little setup!
Mystery solved!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

And the finished advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDj_SrFAwrc
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Just had to have a look, interesting that for my post code broadbandchoices recon Plusnet can deliver at 16mb...........if only