cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Consumers???

randpwar
Grafter

British Consumers???

We have recently had a few calls from a call centre calling themselves British Consumers; anyone else come across them? We’ve told them that we’re not interested and asked to be removed from their ‘list’. We’re registered with the TPS but of course that has no effect on receiving calls from abroad
11 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: British Consumers???

There is britishconsumers. co. uk. "British Consumers aim to reduce the unsocial and ecological impact of mass mail, telephone and spam e- mail!" . (I got that from a Google cache as I didn't want to actually display its website.)
Ironic
http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01915438862
They seem to be off-shore and running "surveys" so TPS is unlikely to be effective.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

We had a call yesterday from a home improvements place offering solar panels etc. I told him that was all well and good but "What does it have to do with the Telephone Preference Service that we're registered on?" - His reply? "Nothing however our products blah, blah, blah..."
Seems the TPS means nothing to these companies now.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
randpwar
Grafter

When I mentioned the TPS to another lady calling on behalf of a building firm she said I should expect the odd call to ‘slip through the net’ ………….I couldn’t stop myself laughing, at which point she hung up 
I think you're right, the TPS are treated as irrelevant         
pierre_pierre
Grafter

had a call from 01473741504, they are a merchant peddling getting your mis sold protection money back for a fee, part of the EMC group, had numerous call from them
read the riot act several times, TPS etc.  Today they went too far, said they dont care about TPS, the get our info from a data base
Read him his birth right, and then switched to the TPS site and raised a formal complaint
amazing what you can find i you look
Name & Registered Office:
EXPERIENCES CONNECT LIMITED
ARMOURY HOUSE
ARMOURY ROAD WEST BERGHOLT
COLCHESTER
ESSEX
CO6 3JP
Company No. 04655849
Date of Incorporation: 04/02/2003
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / JONATHAN GARNHAM / 01/04/2007

REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 06/03/03 FROM:
G OFFICE CHANGED 06/03/03
229 NETHER STREET
LONDON
N3 1NT
Office Address
Experiences Connect Ltd
Beacon House
Whitehouse Rd
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP1 5PB
General
01473 741427
Endowments
0800 0937311
PPI
0800 4583710
Fax Number
01473 741570
Email Address
info@expconnect.net
Community Veteran

It's pathetic how many companies are now ignoring the TPS isn't it. Some companies really do think they're above the law. Have they learned nothing from News International? (Actually maybe they have... you can get away with almost anything as long as it doesn't become public  Crazy)
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I am not currently being pestered by phone but if TPS is as effective as MPS then you may as well give up. Those complaints that I have made to the MPS, when they have responded at all, say that the mailer has given a satisfactory explanation. They never tell me the "explanation" to give me a chance to dispute it.
Community Veteran

I'm with TPS, still calls get through, have a standard reply.
"Ahh......... just the people I was expecting to hear from, I'm very interested in your service, .........I'll tell you what, put it all in writing and I'll ensure it get my full attention."
Couple have asked me my address...........standard reply  "It's on your file"
Don't even bother to mention TPS.
Community Veteran

LOL  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

not on TPS.... don`t get unsolicited calls.....
maybe because we are "ex-directory"  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

We're ED too shutter yet we still get them. I looked at setting up my own switchboard to filter them out but while I found Teleflow was a free bit of very good software for the job, the actual  hardware is supports is very limited which ruled that out  Angry
I had a nice 'queue' system setup for them too.. with some really 'friendly' music  Grin
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

On our DECT system, and on most AFAIK, pressing 'Internal' as if calling another handset automatically puts hold music on the exchange line.
For the last 12 months or so, when getting a sales or other unwanted call, I say 'Putting you through now', then press 'Intenal' and put the handset down for a minute or two.
Seems to have cut the flood down to a trickle. 
Not young enough to know everything