Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britain is leading the way again..

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Britain is leading the way again..

Many of us have heard of quantum entanglement - Einteins "Spooky action at a distance"..

Well people have been experimenting with it for years proving the theory true but nothing practical has come of it - until now.

A year or two back the chinese or japanese did manage to use it in a lab setup.. but true to form it's always the brits that make real progress....

Scientists here have finally created the worlds first computer chip that uses this tech - inside the chip. Yes, it's finally been done with over 90% accuracy in use.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7830043/Information-TELEPORTED-two-chips-time.html

Your next intel / AMD / British Inside... may well be the next great technology of our lifetimes.. and already i find myself thinking "if the particle is entangled with a particle on another device... how on earth will you ever be able to communicate with a different device?"

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: Britain is leading the way again..

Just like when ARM the Cambridge based company decided to concentrate on building low power consumption processors for mobile phones and were laughed at by Intel and AMD 'because the chip market for phones will never match the one for computer chips' - well the rest is history

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Even more amusing given that even Intel are turning to RISC based CPUs too... 😂

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Just one snag.........

How many things have we invented or discovered in the past only for some other country to go ahead and use it simply because the government were not prepared to fund it further or the company sold the rights to others.

Lets hope I am wrong this time

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quantum entanglement and secure unhackable communications.. this is something our government will be all over for military communication between ships, aircraft etc. It will get further government support you can be sure of that. If not all they need to do is register a patent via the patent office and the government will tie it up for years like they did originally with reaction engines - the guy who designed those had to fight for years to be allowed to continue his work on his own design.

QE will get support from the government - it'll be one of the few things they actually want this country to excel with.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Since Harold Wilson's 'white heat' speech in 1963 we've had Concorde, then the Sinclair ZX80, 81, Spectrum, etc. and not forgetting the C5.  More like a faint glow, not even too hot to touch with your bare hands, than white heat.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Yeh... and since Beeching cut the railways to ribbons.... train travel, and the interest in "preserved" steam train travel, has increased.... 

Pity Beeching can`t do the same for Brexit.... ( cut out all the decay ) and we can then get on and increase the popularity of Britain back to GREAT ness again....

(fingers crossed for  Boris... ! )

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@shutter wrote:

Pity Beeching can`t do the same for Brexit.... ( cut out all the decay ) and we can then get on and increase the popularity of Britain back to GREAT ness again....

We know the EU is decaying, let's leave without delay!   Cheesy

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@shutter wrote:

Yeh... and since Beeching cut the railways to ribbons.... train travel, and the interest in "preserved" steam train travel, has increased.... 

One of the things that makes me wonder about 21st century rail travel are the High Speed projects, yeah it's a great idea and all, buuuuuuuuut, you know all the Beeching'd railways that used to go to the stations that the HSx lines would have gone to? Yeah, it kind of negates the usefulness of high-speed rail if you can't actually get to them if you rely on the ever-dwindling and increasing-cost public transport!!!! 🤔

Can't even put those "Rail-karts" (like what other countries with abandoned lines use) to use on ex-lines owing to the fact they completely ripped them up and built ontop of them, even the amended Stanhope & Tyne railway which runs along the top of my street can't be used unless you're walking or cycling, and in both cases can't even follow the original lines...