Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing the Community Together...

matt_2k34
Grafter

Bringing the Community Together...

Bored ? Got 20 mins to burn ?
Did you know: Plusnet has an IRC Channel? (at time of writing, 16 users inside Cheesy - although mostly currently idle)
Pop in for a chat Smiley theres a wide range of people in there, and with a wide range of skill levels.
(This is a call for ALL Members, feel free - both new and old) - and its not just for chatting about the internet - anything goes!

*PLEASE NOTE* This is NOT here for support - although the people in the channel will often give it

Some Guides to help you get started!
Quick CGI interface
Plusnet CGI IRC Link -- Allows you to join without commiting yourself to getting some software
Firefox Users:
ChatZilla Add-On -- Great for people who arent keen on the link above, and gives IRC features within the browser.
mIRC Easy Link
mIRC Clicky Link!   For people with mIRC (or a client installed) clicking this link should open the client, connect and join the #usertools 'room' automatically

Please note: You will only be able to connect from a PlusNet connection (Or via the CGI Interface provided on the plusnet usergroup)
IF YOU WANT To join from a NON-PN Connection (e.g. your at uni) - Drop me a PM with a Desired Username/Password and ill allow you to connect through a Proxy* Smiley
*I dont expect outages, but they may occur Grin Dont blame me, its here to help people chat =]
 UPDATE!!  
There is also a Trivia channel (type "/join #trivia" to get started)
Current scoreboard is available Here -- its dynamically updated! so feel free to check it regularly Smiley
Scores are given:5 points if you get the question straight away. and -1 point for each hint given by the bot. (max 5 points, minimum of 2 points per correct answer)
Ive noticed a few more 'CGI' users logging in, but not sticking around.
Normally theres people around (and talking) later in the evening, 4pm until the early hours of the morning Smiley
If theres any questions, Reply here and im sure someone can help
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Bringing the Community Together...

Generally speaking by the way the evenings are when the channel's a bit busier too… if you wander in at 2pm you might not see anyone chatting as many of the users will be at work and so forth.
scootie
Grafter

mirc link dont work
matt_2k34
Grafter

it will only work if your browser has the irc:// 'prefix' pushed towards the client.
the link itself has been tested (and works with chatzilla - Thanks jelv) failing the link, you can just point mirc to usertools.plus.net

*edit* -- this may help you (and others) Asbo - Link to how to change the irc:// to a different app.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Added:
theres a triviabot script been added to the IRC -
i'll reflect this in the main post!
Come in and have a go.. Smiley more the merrier Smiley
(just dont beat me  Cheesy)
Community Veteran

A trivia bot? Hmm. I don't log in for a couple of days and look what happens. Roll eyes
matt_2k34
Grafter

serves you right..
I suggest you log in sir Smiley it is carnage  Grin Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

Hmm. In that case I might ask you (or whoever's running it) to pop the bot in another channel – otherwise it can be difficult to hold a decent conversation at times (remember, we do occasionally get people actually popping in for help). I'll see when I next log on – am avoiding doing so until I've got a few jobs sorted out…
matt_2k34
Grafter

its me Smiley
And yeah, i will probably create a seperate channel for it - BUT tbh, 90% of the time the channel is dead, and its not like its going to be running all the time (stops after 6 unanswered questions, or a user types !strivia.
Simples Smiley *squeek*
Fixes: 47

Thanks for the trivia link Roll eyes Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
matt_2k34
Grafter

Links and OP updated to reflect a few changes Smiley
We've gained a few more regulars, no more takers though for a regular pop-in ?Huh
If theres anything preventing you from connecting, give us a shout - im sure something can be organised Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Is there a cafeteria?
Fixes: 47

No but if you visit the trivia quiz there's a need for a strong drink afterwards Angry
To settle the nerves Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ah!! I best just stay clear then Cool
matt_2k34
Grafter

Haha Strat,
Adiewoo has been geeking up on it, im not suprised hes at the top of the table Smiley