cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the Penny Black ! !! NO CHANCE !..

Champnet
All Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Bring back the Penny Black ! !! NO CHANCE !..

They’ve not charged the new rate yet, so is it not so difficult to sell a 61p stamp for 60p ?

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

Mind you, a few always come through unfranked and some you can steam off. :wink: 

@Minivanman

I've noticed that some (all?) of the latest stamps have small sections which are partially cut-through so they get left behind when you peel the unfranked stamp off, thus making it more difficult to re-use.  Not saying it can't be done but you'd have to stick the bits back in the holes!

If you look closely at this picture from the article linked in the OP you can probably see what I mean - see those oval shapes?

royal-mail-stamps.jpg

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Champnet wrote:

They’ve not charged the new rate yet, so is it not so difficult to sell a 61p stamp for 60p ?

@Champnet

Probably less confusing all round if they just keep the old price for 1 week until the lawful date of the price cap arrives. :smiley:

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Yes, "61p" stamps will still be 61p, the ones maked "2nd" can just be sold at 60p for the first week (25th to 31st March).  They are after all the same stamps that were on sale at 58p until the 24th March.   Presumably their EPOS system is not all that different from the ones used by supermarkets where prices change much more frequently.  As it happens, I needed a few so I bought a book of twelve a couple of weeks ago which should see me through till the next price rise.  That's a saving of about 30p! :grin: