cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brian May: A Bunch Of Lying B******

Steve
Pro

Brian May: A Bunch Of Lying B******

Brian May V Jim Barrington on fox hunting ( caution contains a couple naughty words )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6JgW9zQCi0
85 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Brian May: A Bunch Of Lying B******

was it Siegfried Sassoon who described fox hunting as "the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable"?  badger baiting, cock and dog fighting are considered despicable forms of entertainment and are ruthlessly put down by the authorities.  i'd like to hear arguments denying that fox hunting is any different.  all i see is a difference in kind, not type.
a civilised society is measured by its attitude and treatment of the weakest among us.  we have a fair way to go before we can claim we are even part civilised.
Steve
Pro

The vote has been put off and will not be taking place tomorrow.
A vote to relax the fox hunting ban in England and Wales has been postponed after the SNP's decision to take part in the division made a Tory defeat almost certain.
The controversial vote, scheduled for Wednesday, would have brought the law south of the border in line with that in Scotland, where an unlimited number of dogs can be used to "flush out" a fox to be shot, compared to just two in England and Wales.
The SNP's 56 MPs agreed on Monday to break with their normal practice of not voting on England-only matters and join Labour in opposing the proposal. Together with a number of anti-hunting Conservative MPs, who have been granted a free vote on the issue, this was expected to be enough to block the change.

EDIT: And Brian May calling it a victory now ( no naughty words this time ) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33518149
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

funny how the SNP decide to break the agreement not to vote on England only matters when they already allow the exact same policy at home, yet another example of their utter duplicity
@articifer, the only thing the change would have done is permit more than 2 hounds to be used at a time not bring back the old fashioned hunt where the hounds would get the fox..... given the explosion of the fox population that happened immediately after the hunting ban and has continued apace has seen food sources disappear and the foxes move into urban areas with the infrequent number of attacks on the rise of the homeless and the young now taking place something needs to be done to control the population, poisoning isn't targeted enough and will often get unintended victims as well (like family pets that wander into the baited traps and consume the poison) 2 hounds cannot track a fox effectively yet more are not permitted under the unreasonably restrictive so called ban on hunting, (so called because it didn't prevent it from taking place)
cock fighting and badger baiting and dog fighting and bare knuckle fighting and indeed the old fashioned way of fox hunting (where the hounds would chase down to fox and rip it to bits) have no moral justification and are rarely sporting, but many of the hunts that existed when the new legislation was enacted banning the use of more than two hounds were already flushing out the foxes and shooting them (the carcasses were then burned) if for no other reason than the animals were full of disease and would infect the hounds,
perhaps once it becomes more a more regular occurrence for hungry foxes to enter dwellings and savage people (so long as the media stop supressing such stories) will the general public stop believing in the propaganda of far left terrorist groups like animal rights (who lets face it have bombed businesses, killed people and wreaked havoc on the environment (through releasing minks and other non indigenous animals which killed wildlife indiscriminately) but I doubt it as the left wing media outlets follow the same ideology.
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Steve
Pro

Quote from: nanotm
funny how the SNP decide to break the agreement not to vote on England only matters
There was no ' agreement ' and the majority of Scots voted to stay in the union and be represented at Westminster.
nanotm
Pro

what does representation at Westminster have to do with breaking normal policy (an agreement) not to vote on England only matters ? you either have devolution and a voice on mattes which pertain to you alone or you follow the same laws as the rest of the great Brittan, clearly the government should use the whip to push through all laws and get rid of such shenanigans, particularly when it as in this circumstance there is a clear case of you cant do what we do !
Steve
Pro

@nanotm politics is a by product. This is a moral issue. Supporting animal cruelty tells me all i need to know about you.
Community Veteran

The vote postponement just looks like normal opportunistic politics by all concerned.
The SNP made no secret of their loathing of the Conservatives before the election and now see a weakness they can exploit.
So what that they stated one thing in the past, it now suits them to ignore that.
The government realise that the divisions in their own party mean they can't now win so are dropping the idea (they say postponing).
OK, if you were a voter or thought they all would behave honourably and/or behave as they promised before you elected them you will be disappointed. Was it not ever thus?
The rights and wrongs of the issue I'm sure are in no way relevant to these political decisions.
Steve
Pro

And @HPsauce again this isn't about politics but according to Nicola Sturgeon many folks south of the border called upon her party for help in stopping this blood sport ( not even a sport ) I think a lot of English people will be very happy with this development.
Community Veteran

I follow politics closely and am only saying what it "looks like" to me.
I'm deliberately not saying anything about the issue, but @MSteve your last post aligns 100% with what I think I see.
For example, do we have any firm statistics (polls even?) that show over 50% of English people have asked the SNP to intervene on their behalf?
Surely they should be lobbying their own MP's?
nanotm
Pro

I bet she won't provide any proof of that, although her spouting on the lunchtime news gave truth to the lie when she insisted that far from an ideological stance her parties actions were all about showing the tories they are weak and that they need to make some arrangements with the SNP if they wish to get anything done in the next 5 years

Clearly support or otherwise about the matter in hand has nothing to do with the opportunistic point scoring being undertaken, no doubt more of the same will follow in the coming months since she failed to get more money for Scotland than the Barnett formula provided
Steve
Pro

@HPsauce none at the moment only read what she had said and seen the response from the English on the matter this morning.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: M
There was no ' agreement '

Yes there was, Mr Cameron agreed it with himself on their behalf.  Grin
I must agree that fox hunting seems barbaric and cruel, no better than a toff's version of chav's dog fighting with pitbulls.
The controversial vote, scheduled for Wednesday, would have brought the law south of the border in line with that in Scotland
Am I reading this correctly, the Scots already have the law that their MPs want to block in England? If so, looks like hypocricy to me.
If Scottish MPs in Westminster really want to vote on stuff that doesn't apply in Scotland then they really ought to devolve the relevant things back into UK law, they can't expect to have stuff that the rest of the UK can't vote on but still vote on the same things in the UK parliament.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Steve
Pro

@w23 Protection of wild mammals ( Scotland ) Act 2002. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Wild_Mammals_%28Scotland%29_Act_2002
nanotm
Pro

which is exactly what the proposal for England is, to use more than 2hounds to flush the vermin to guns........
The whole anti hunting lobby got what it asked for, no blood sports, and now that a proposal is tabled to enhance it's effectiveness to perform propper pest control it's inhuman.......
dick:quote