Did you mean: 

Brexit Revisited

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Brexit Revisited

@nozzer 

Lousy and biased.

Par for the course with an 'independent' press, but we should all be beyond concerned when a state broadcasting corporation is so blatantly one sided.

It's a disgrace, and one literally at our expense.

wotsup
Champion

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/yellowhammer-is-yet-another-part-of-project-fear/

Yellow hammer part of project fear,  well it was written by Europhile Civil Service ( and not the government as some people like to construe ) - who strive to make all things to do with leave as bad as possible.

Community Veteran

The civil service work for the government of the day. Yellowhammer was commissioned by the government and they have assumed ownership of it as demonstrated by Gove.

wotsup
Champion

Everyone in UK knows that the civil service does as it pleases,  just like Oily Robbins was supposed to negotiate for UK but never mentioned no deal, some people say he wanted to be a Belgian national...

Moderators Note: Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

wotsup
Champion

It is not only our spineless MPs that have been outed by Brexit,  it is our media that has been shown to be less than neutral - especially the TV media.

Fixes: 651

@artmo wrote:

Charlie Mayfield is one of the most respected people in British retail so I am prepared to listen to his opinion. He will have had more info on which to base his comment than those on this forum.

an interesting piece I've just read:

Consumer habits are changing at a frightening speed and even the stalwarts are struggling to keep up, but few expected John Lewis to succumb in such a spectacular way.

Mayfield has proven himself to be a skilled retailer during more than a decade at the helm but lately he has fallen into the trap of blaming outside factors. Last year, it was Brexit. This year, it is also Brexit, as well as the “re-drawing of the retail landscape”. Neither of these are new phenomena.

so already falling out of favour

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Makes sense. The better educated people have been through an education system that regards democracy as fascism, independence as racism, and free speech as hate, and that teaches pro-EU propaganda while hoovering up EU bribes paid for with our money. Of course they voted Remain.
Leapy
Pro

The latest news, though nothing too dramatic, is yet another thing for us drivers from the United Kingdom to think about, which is when taking our cars on any future trips to any of the 27 EU nations, we now must slap on GB stickers—including when we’re visiting Ireland.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Leapy 

I thought folks only stuck those on to show those at home they'd been abroad!

My Dad had one on the back of our old banger to show we'd been to Weston-Super-Mare.  

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

The damn cheek of this guy Bercow.

He warns Boris against breaking the law, yet parliament is trying to break it's promise about Brexit?

Gods give me strength.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49683797

TTman
Seasoned Pro

Something I read today saying that if we have a big trade deal with the USA we would have to take chlorinated chicken and people (@robc) is complaining about that. Chlorine is added to our water so do they not drink tap water,tea,coffee???:2funny::crazy:

wotsup
Champion

@TTman wrote:

Chlorine is added to our water so do they not drink tap water,tea,coffee???:2funny::crazy:

We also get flouride added to our water, which is toxic in anything above minute doses....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@TTman 

Why would we have to take their chicken chlorinated or otherwise... or has Bernard Matthews gone out of business? 

Anyway, if I was that concerned I'd buy local Welsh chickens or keep my own. 

:smiley:

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman  I agree, but I think you missed what I was saying which was why are the remoaners getting thier KN.....S in a twist about chlorinated chicken when they drink chlorinated water? :thumbsup:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

14 pages already, Is it me or is this thread breeding faster than it's now defunct predecessor?