Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brexit Revisited

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Brexit Revisited

@nozzer wrote:

If that doesn't scare the horses it won't be accurate. Talk about hissups in breweries!

Blimey @nozzer  I nearly took you to mean the old biblical cure all, hyssop, and you were going to suggest that could be the NHS's choice substitute for short drugs.:2funny:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Luzern 

"Due to its properties as an antiseptic, cough reliever, and expectorant, it is commonly used as a medicinal plant."

Actually it probably would be quite effective come to think of it, especially the expectorant bit, although how you relieve a cough and make it act as an expectorant I'm not quite sure. Hock-ta! As Spit the Dog used to say. :azn:

Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

Do you know this guy Mayfield personally?

Personally no but by reputation yes. Sir Charles Mayfield is a highly respected businessman.

Fixes: 629

So were Philip Green and Stuart Rose once upon a time
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Community Veteran

:rolleyes:

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Nudge nudge wink wink silver spooner with a bog standard MBA.

wotsup
Champion

On the national tv news tonight, all focus was on Scottish case and nothing about Northern Ireland court verdict finding it was legal or high court finding on appeal that it was legal -  typical of remain biased UK media,  one reporter asked Boris Johnson on national tv if he had lied to the Queen, that is slander and she deserved to get sued...

Remainer MPs clamouring to get parliament reopened on back of Scottish verdict, although the Scottish legal system does not have much weight in rest of UK.  Northern Irish court found that prorougation was legal and did not affect good friday agreement.  We have to wait for supreme court judgement next Tuesday,  though Gina Miller et al have been knocked back twice by English courts as well as NI. 

Highlighted
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Just finished watching the BBC news, and sweet Fanny Adams about that Irish verdict.

Surprised? 

Community Veteran

@wotsup wrote:  one reporter asked Boris Johnson on national tv if he had lied to the Queen, that is slander and she deserved to get sued...

She asked the question and did not make an allegation - that is not slander.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well no, but not far from "when did you last beat your wife", otherwise know as an unjustified assumption.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman 

The NI case was rejected because the judge ruled that the arguments used were "overwhelmingly political in nature based around the fact a no-deal would have a negative effect on the peace process and endanger the Good Friday Agreement" and best left to politicians, not the courts.

In other words, the arguments used were not within the courts jurisdiction, and the judge at High Court level felt unable to make a decision, which is exactly what happened at the High Court in Scotland when it was rejected. When it was referred to Scotland's highest court it was found in favour. This is a quirk of the way courts work. The Supreme court referral for next week is because it is able to examine what the law should be, even if it currently isn't, so that in future any eventuality is catered for. If the NI case is referred to the Supreme court that court will be able to take into account the GFA being affected (or not as the judge decides).

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@nozzer 

.... and the BBC failed to mention it because?

Community Veteran

@Minivanman 

Their reporting is lousy!

Leapy
Pro

I understand the whipless 21, (formerly known as Tories) have been invited to appeal, although I'm not sure who they are appealing to? 

What is this in the Sun? Is it a no goer?https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9865282/nigel-farage-brexit-party-tories-pact/#comments

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

If supermarkets experience a dip in trading after Brexit (should it ever happen), the Remainers will see it as a downturn in the economy caused by our leaving the EU when, in fact, it will be caused by people's stockpiling of food pre-Brexit caused by the scaremongering by the Remainers.