cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News !... Unemployment rose by 80,000 in three months

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Breaking News !... Unemployment rose by 80,000 in three months

Registered Unemployed now tops 2.51 MILLION in the UK.... so much for the caring, sharing, con/dem parties....
Ooops... just had a thought... what was the figure of unemployment when Mags was in charge?   I seem to remember 2.5 million as a figure...
The only consolation from those two periods is that "technically" today`s figure is LOWER than when Mags was in charge, as the population of the country must have grown since then, both from immigration, and the number of school leavers now registered...
Pity really, cos I really would like to see ONE of the parties do SOMETHING to make this country GREAT BRITAIN ..... again  Undecided
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Breaking News !... Unemployment rose by 80,000 in three months

remember "labour isn't working"?  neither is tory.  why don't we abolish parliament and govern ourselves?  all parliament does is steal our money and give it to the usa to pursue illegal wars.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Doubt parliament governs us, I suspect they are there just to carry out the EUs instructions.
When a large number of the population get annoyed enough with something such as the Poll Tax then something might happen but I guess we will have to wait for the arrival of the forthcoming industrial action and civil disobedence  (whatever that is) before we see any changes taking place.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Unemployed hit 3.2 m in 1983 then again 3m in 1993.
@shutter:- agree with you ONE of the parties do SOMETHING
And I'm not worried which one, provided it is not 'public sector job creation'.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Part of the reason for this increase is people being moved from other benefits. This tidy up is long overdue.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
sharing, con/dem parties....

Shutter.. you wern't ever really serious about them caring were you? - Do you not realise you've got it completely wrong? - It's actually:
Con'd em
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys

Not sure if I believe that graph. IF you look the light blue line is the unemployment rate. So.. effectively if I've understood this correctly, unemployment went up at a rate of just under 4 million to 3.2 million?
I suppose that could be the amount of people who signed on in a year and some being re-employed but at a first glance it looks a bit iffy.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

The rate is the right hand axis - up to about 12% of the total number who are or in, are available for, work