cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking Bad - I don't get it

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Breaking Bad - I don't get it

I have watched up to series 3 and cannot see how this is critically acclaimed.  The first series alone, I can't see how it wasn't axed yet it has five series.  Is it a Marmite series like Lost or am I missing the supposed plot lines?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
11 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Breaking Bad - I don't get it

Cool Look into my hypnotic* eyes... and repeat to everyone you meet...
Shocked Breaking Bad is the greatest TV series ever made Shocked You will tell everyone it is the greatest TV series ever made Shocked  It's even greater than Lost, 24 and The Dome Shocked  It beats Californication, Six Feet Under and the Big C Shocked  It's even greater than The Wire, The Shield and those Sons of Anarchy  .Shocked You will watch it early in the morning when downloads are free Shocked It's the greatest TV ever that's not on TV Shocked Now go tell a complete stranger how Breaking Bad changed your sleep patterns Shocked 
* Hypnosis is not available in Scotland
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I enjoyed it up to the last 2 series. S4 I struggled with and S5 was just  Lips are sealed At least it was better than S4.
Community Veteran

i've not seen it, but i have watched a few clips of the supposedly marvellous philip seymour hoffman and can't for the life of me see what's to admire about his performances.
Fixes: 105

Psh isn't in it so not sure what you have watched?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Stuff breaking bad, I'm still trying to work out why Midsummer Murders, Silent Witness and Waking the dead are all so wonderful?
All boring, all annoying time wasting wishy washy drama, not a bit of action in any of them and yet they're broadcast at us repeatedly as if they're the best thing since the invention of TV itself.
Why oh why do they continue to promote the idea of murder to us on the TV? It's absolutely crazy.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

They know that Sex, Drugs & Crime are the best sellers
Community Veteran

Yeah but when it comes to crime why is it always a murder?
Why can't they have a logistics mystery instead? - What caused a 747 to fall out of the sky in one episode, in the next what was the UFO over the moors? then in the next what backhanders did Beeching get for closing the railways...
Why is it always murder?
Community Veteran

Perhaps I am alone here but I enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the Sopranos but things like Lost do nothing for me.
Six feet under and Dexter were middle of the road stuff for me, watchable  but dragging in places.
Guess it's down to your personal taste
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
Yeah but when it comes to crime why is it always a murder?
Why can't they have a logistics mystery instead? - What caused a 747 to fall out of the sky in one episode, in the next what was the UFO over the moors? then in the next what backhanders did Beeching get for closing the railways...
Why is it always murder?

Perhaps they have not thought the same ideas as you.
Why dont you put your ideas in writing to any of your preferred TV channel makers and see what they say ?Huh
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
Why dont you put your ideas in writing to any of your preferred TV channel makers and see what they say ?Huh

You know, I might well do that as I've found from previous experience that it actually works.
Remember the Galaxy chocolate adverts where the woman was always looking for her pesky hidden galaxy bar of chocolate and then bragging "I'm glad they don't know about this place.." ?

Well after 10 odd years of it and everyone across the planet knowing I complained to MarsUK:
Dear Mars, I've finally had enough! It has to be said, your TV advert for Galaxy has really passed its sell by date. You've been using it for over TEN YEARS. The woman saying at the end "I'm glad they don't know about this hiding place.." WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT! We've all had enough of it.. it's so boring and frustrating it's beyond belief! I cringe every time that advert is on now. It really is becoming offensive its so old. Are we customers not worth a new advert to you or do you just think we're a cash cow? Come on Mars, give us something better than that tripe! Sheesh, the "Mars a day helps you work, rest and play" adverts were far superior and that was in the 90s! PLEASE mars, scrap the AWFUL galaxy advert. Its so cheesy.

I got this as a reply:
Dear [my name],
Thank you for contacting Mars Consumer Care.
Our advertising is designed to appeal to the millions of people in the UK. We know from letters and comments we receive that people have many different preferences, like and dislikes. Our advertising campaigns are designed to appeal to a wide range of people and it is not our intention to upset or offend anyone.
We appreciate all our consumers feedback and will pass on your comments to our Marketing department.
Kind Regards
[CS Rep Name]
Consumer Care Consultant

Within 2-3 weeks the first new galaxy advert in a decade was out:

Remember Gio Compario and his singing from Go Compare?.. Yeah I wrote in about that too but I did suggest that instead of scrapping him they keep him and have him do other things as he was clearly a great character but just annoying at singing. Now look what we have had since:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Taken a month to the day of my first post to finally watch all it and stand by my assessment, it's a pile O' something not sitcking to a shovel that should have been used to bury it.  I usually like US shows, but hated this waste of online bandwidth.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017