cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakfast

Fixes: 125

Breakfast

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day - it breaks the fast from food during the sleeping hours.
But what makes a good breakfast?
I like four eggs on toast, maybe with some ham, followed a large bowl of porridge with a generous helping of double cream on top. Maybe not the healthiest but I thoroughly enjoy it.
As a child I always had eggs and bacon then a bowl of cornflakes (had to be Kellog's) before school. Don't like bacon so much these days, rarely have cereal either.
What constitutes a great breakfast for you?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Breakfast

Most days I have a simple breakfast.  Cereal or porridge with 2 mugs of tea.  Occasionally I enjoy a good fry-up with eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and I must have a fried slice as well Smiley Possibly not good for the diet but once in a while it doesn't do any harm. I don't cook the breakfast myself but much prefer to eat in a local cafe.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I’m dull when it comes to breakfast, had porridge every day since I can remember, usually topped with yoghurt and various fresh fruits, sometimes with cinnamon. Certainly not with syrup, I prefer steel cut to rolled.  Plus a  couple of mugs of black-tea (assam – cut,curled and toasted) with fresh or sometime roses lime-juice - could never take to teabags, hideous things.
Fixes: 47

Cornflakes or wheat biscuits washed down with a cup of tea.
Occasionally I have eggs, bacon and fried bread as a treat.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

How's this for a breakfast?  It costs £15 in a cafe in Great Yarmouth but it's free if you eat it all Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Am surprised it is not a diet coke Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Banana and a Muller Rice washed down with freshly ground black coffee, closely followed with a bucket-load of meds!  Cool
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm a three Shredded Wheat fan I'm afraid, very hot milk and no sugar. Not those stupid bite sized things. Only problem Nabisco no longer pack them in 3's (they used to)
Also enjoy a good unhealthy fry-up occasionally. Won't suffer too much if it is only occasionally. Don't keep much of the ingredients at home these days but if the fancy takes us Beefeater restaurants best kept secret is their unlimited serve yourself breakfast menu. Haven't had one for a while (thanks for reminding me) but last time we had one it was all you could eat for around £8 includes; cereal, toast or/and muffins, fry-up, tea/coffee, fruit juices...the whole works.
You'd be hard pushed to be able to buy it all for less.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
What constitutes a great breakfast for you?

The first thing i see thats easy to make / eat. Typically a bowl of rice crispies. Pour into the first bowl I can see, teaspoon of sugar, dump some milk in and it's good to go. I can't be dealing with that cooking stuff or the kettle, fast and easy thats a good brekkie. I've actually made it slightly easier to make too.. I used to have 3 teaspoons of sugar but since the dentist waved his naughty finger at me I've weened myself off the extra two so now its just one - saves 2/3rds of the sugar applying time lol.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Working in Saudi I dream of bacon and sausages (pork of course) and always have full English when home
but out here is cornflakes milk and fresh fruit with a cup of tea
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Full English when on holiday at home it's one of the following, note the word one not all ,
Marmalade on toast
Banana sandwich made with 2 slices brown toasted bread
Porridge with touch of honey, few sunflower seeds mixed in at the end
Corn Flakes with a bit of dried mixed fruit
Muesli Really exotic pack (from Aldi)
Scrambled egg on toast
Nothing like variety ! Wink
peter10
Grafter

My favourite breakfast is Bacon, eggs, sausage, mushroom,fried bread, and black puddings (from Bury Market). Unfortunately I only manage to eat it once a year on Boxing Day because of dieting. Also now living the wrong side of the Pennines so only get over to Bury occasionally.