Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakfast Eggs

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Breakfast Eggs

How do you like your Breakfast Eggs cooked ?
I do like a poached Egg, though even with swirling in boiling water in a pan, I find it a bit messy, clearing up too.
I have now perfected a new technique, for myself anyway, of cooking poached Egg in the Microwave
Ramekin dish, touch of butter / oil, cracked egg into dish, pierce yolk with spoon but not stirred.
On a plate, cover with breakfast bowl to stop splatter !!
New technique, is to place all this into a plastic bag, loosely tied, then microwave 1 minute full power.
Eggsplosions, 3 at least, but then taken out of microwave, all extraneous splatter ( just a little) contained within the bag.
Bag into bin, Egg onto Bacon Butty, Brown Sauce & Pepper, Cup of Coffee.
Yummy.

Tomorrow, being Christmas Day, It will be Eggs and Soldiers all round, as we sit around the Breakfast Table, in a joint combined "Army" exercise.
I prefer to bash top and peel, rather than cut egg.
Synchronised dipping, in an Eggs Spoon and Soldiers race....

20 REPLIES
randpwar
Grafter

Re: Breakfast Eggs

Well, the first thing is to go to the bottom of the garden and see if Fern (Warwickshire Bluebell), Snowflake (Sussex Red) or Pippa (Silkie bantam) have been good enough to supply my breakfast. Actually, the eggs benefit from being a couple of days old, seem to stick together better, but I have enjoyed them straight from the hen. I’m told that cooks prefer the eggs to be about a week old 
These days we tend to get an egg most days from Snowflake (usual coloured eggs that would be described as large in the supermarket), every other day from Pippa (Small white eggs somewhere between half and two thirds the size of normal and very tasty) and not at all over winter from Fern who lays slightly larger eggs, with double yolkers not completely uncommon, that have a slightly paler shell but a nice deep yolk.
I’ll take egg in any format but our Sunday brunch of bacon and fried egg roll is particularly nice
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Jealous!
Community Veteran

I agree that the older eggs make better omelettes and are generally better for cooking.
I like my eggs either scrambled with plenty of butter and salt+pepper or fried until *just* cooked through then grated cheddar on top and into a roll with a bit of brown sauce Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just doing 'eggy-bread' for my daughter.  Couple of eggs, beaten then dip/soak a slice of bread in the beaten egg and fry gently (in butter).  Lovely.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
randpwar
Grafter

Lovely! My wife's late Nan called that' 'French Fried bread' and she made about the best I've tasted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Poached eggs are best with an egg still warm from the hen house. With omelettes it is a lot easier to prepare if the eggs are a few days old.
We regularly top up the Layers Pellets with some dried Meal Worm. The hens love this  supplement. These really seems to add flavour and colour to the yolks.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 124

Poached is the only way I don't like my eggs.
SWMBO usually does 3 egg-on-toasts with cherry tomatoes plus porridge (in a separate bowl, of course Wink) for me Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

All these way to cook an egg......stop egging me on.  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: PlusComUK
How do you like your Breakfast Eggs cooked ?

I don't. I'm not allowed to eat anything slightly fatty at the moment.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, for Christmas Brekky, I shall have Eggs....
Eggstra Weetabix, with Eggstra milk, and Eggstra sugar..... I shall probably have Eggstra toast, and an Eggstra cup of tea to wash it all down, then I shall have an Eggstra large stomach ache, until lunchtime, when I shall have Eggstra turkey, Eggstra potatotes, Eggstras sprouts, Eggstra carrots, Eggstra gravy, Eggstra peas, and that will be followed by Eggstra christmas pud, and Eggstra custard....
Don`t think I`ll have Eggstra beer or wine, cos I will be Eggstreeemly bloated by that time, and don`t want to spoil the Eggstravaganza  Cheesy
\of course,.... I only cracking on about it so that you know I`m only yolking  Roll eyes
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I can't do breakfast, especially eggs.
Fixes: 124

@shutter - looks like you've had to shell out quite a bit for all that Wink
How do you like your eggs in the morning? As an ex-girlfriend said - unfertilised!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes Mav, It has been a very Eggspensive Christmas..... staying in an hotel, in west wales, and this morning, I had scrambled Eggs and also a Fried Egg for brekky.... in about 2 hours time will be going down for Christmas Dinner !... will be eggstremely bloated by 2pm, when we will be penned into the lounge in preparation for that Eggsclusively christmas ordeal.... the queens speech... during which, we will be treated (?) to some eggceedingly rich xmas cake ! ! ...  Huh