Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottled Water

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Bottled Water

This past two weeks, with all the hot weather, we have been trying out several Bottled Waters.
We prefer Sparkling Water, tried a few brands, atm ASDA is our favourite.
Seems to have Bigger Bubbles than some other brands, and a nicer taste.
2 litre bottles fit nicely in the Fridge.
We of course, have the Free Buxton Water from the Well at Buxton, nice on day trips to Buxton.
Salt not noticeable in the Brands we have tried.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706380/How-sparkling-mineral-water-11-times-SALT-tap-water....
Even in this Hot weather, our "Corporation Pop" comes out of the Taps quite Cold.....

When we go out, we freeze a half full bottle of water, then top up with Water before we set off.
Lasts all day, if not drunk,  before the Ice melts..

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Bottled Water

Quote from: PlusComUK

We of course, have the Free Buxton Water from the Well at Buxton, nice on day trips to Buxton.

Not mentioning the Daily Mail, because it was widely promoted recently by a program on the telly.... Mr. Michael Portillo,  ( spanish pretender to the premiership of U.K. at one time ! )... in his "Great British Railway Journeys"... was seen talking to a "local yokel" at the spring head, who was filling up quart size empty milk containers to take home...  Shocked
Infinity
Pro

There is often a short queue of "Locals" filling up large containers of water, having parked their 4x4's next to the Well !
Well Dressing this last week, so the Well is looking quite pretty at the moment !
Spoilt by the fact you cannot fill up your containers actually at the Well, but from an adjacent plain free running outlet.
Community Veteran

We use a lot of Tesco Value fizzy water - at around 17p for 2 Litres it is pretty affordable.
My stepson mixes it with a bit of cordial for his fizzy drinks and I use it with flour to make a light crispy batter.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Seemed to recall that one supermarket was selling Tap water that they had filtered !
Del boy and trotter springs to mind  Wink
TORPC
Grafter

Where is uncle Albert ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anyone want some Derbyshire water from the river at the bottom of of my orchard? I'm sure the water will be pure as the sewage works is at least 2 miles upstream and trout survive.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

You have a river at the bottom of your garden?  Tippy lucky so and so!  Smiley
My dream is to have property with a river in it or next to it.  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

and when you get heavy rain - over and through it  Sad
Community Veteran

We went to a cottage ( self catering ) in wild Wales, a few years back... because it had a stream and waterfall in the garden,.... when we got there, we were met by a dying sheep in the small front garden..... !... not being put off, we opened the front door,  ( key in special hidey hole )... and were pleased to be able to hear the waterfall, until we turned  a corner at the end of the entrance hall, and found the back room 4 inches deep in water cascading through the ceiling !.... managed to contact the cleaner lady, who organised a clean up and a plumber.... then a couple of days later she was knocking on the front door, with a message that we could stay for free,, and the owner had also said we could stay for a second week if we wanted to for free !... so we did.... lovely place.
TORPC
Grafter

That said would you go back if you had the chance ?Huh
Community Veteran

Yes.  it was a lovely location.... isolated up a narrow dirt track with mountains and sheep everywhere... Isolated? yeah, well, only 2 miles to the nearest chip shop !... (and other shops too ).. supermarket 3 miles... Brill...
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK

Had a trip to Buxton today, the Well has been undressed !!
Buxton was teeming with foreign students, I grabbed a shot on my phone when there was a gap.
Also one inside the Opera House Conservatory (The Hot House)
It's always Hot & Steamy in there !
Community Veteran

Quote from: doris
... river at the bottom of your garden?  Tippy lucky so and so!  Smiley

It's a detached orchard, about 3 miles from "Adair Towers" and we don't own the intervening land. The is one redeeming feature on that my "garden shed" is on the orchard and is in a mobile phone black-spot hence enjoys some isolation from the other half. Our "river" while shown on the map as a "river" is in fact classed as a "watercourse" which greatly simplifies officialdom. The river starts about a  mile downstream. Adair Towers is a Georgian building on the flood plain of the River Derwent, and the river comes to visit every few years.
To go against my natural instinct I'll go in the direction of the topic and declare that I rarely drink bottled water which if it is a plastic bottle contains all kinds of trace chemicals from the manufacturing process. Tap water is low cost and of similar purity.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

The well in our yard (capped with hand pump) taps straight into the Buxton Aquifer, an electric pump from the bottom of the well feeds the property, the hand pump still works but needs to be primed.
Often comes as a surprise to guests to find the tapwater is aerated naturally.