Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottled Beer Question

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 191

Re: Bottled Beer Question

@shutter  if you can only manage a half , then beer from our local micro pub  https://sawleyjunction.co.uk/collections/cask-ales will be no use to you.! Theyve been very enterprising during the lockdown, supplying beer for takeaway in 4 pint flagons. You initially pay a small fee for the flagon and then each time you go back , they replace it with a freshly sterilized one full of the beer of your choice ( for the price of the beer obviously).

They take orders on wed/thu for collection or delivery on fri/sat. The started with only a couple of beers on but now they're back up to their typical pre covid selection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 53

@MisterW That would be just fine.... when we lived on our Narrowboat....  !  could have gone up and down the cut... outward journey.... "cut"    ...and for the return journey "half-cut"...  depending on how far along the cut we went on the first half of the flagon ! ..

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

shutter
Community Veteran

Ayup! @wotsup that`s a grand idea... will see if local shop has them... not a fan of AMAZON ! ! ..Smiley

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@wotsup 

Them things cost money.....

A Tapered cork is all you need !

😉

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 7

I'm surprised @shutter is even contemplating buying beer when he could brew his own far cheaper.  And bottle it in smaller bottles to suit.   Cheesy

shutter
Community Veteran

@RobPN  My consumption of beer, for the past 2 or 3 years, has been less than 3 pints... perhaps only 1 pint per year... so laying out the brewkit money... and all the ingredients in a quantity.. would be a no go... anyway.. I want a beer NOW.. not in three or four weeks time ! ! .. by which time I would probably have got fed up waiting....

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Around a week ago, I done a classic.

My local supermarket, when getting beers out of the fridge (yes I like them in case you hadn't guessed), I took some out and one dropped on the floor. The side burst and it was going everywhere.

The place said "Can you take that outside". So I did and said "I'll pay for the one I dropped". They were kind enough to let me off, but I was serious.

I love where I live, a local village where people are really nice.