Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottled Beer Question

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Bottled Beer Question

I`m not a drinker... but I do like an occasional half pint of bitter or pale ale...

Not keen on lager... so have been looking at ASDA offerings... as our son is doing the red cross food parcel deliveries to this prison ... ! .

they do not seem to have any British canned beer... so it looks like bottled stuff... but that generally comes in 500ml bottles.. which is too much for me to cope with in one session...  so... the "bottled beer question" is...

How long can I keep the 250ml that is left in the bottle, in the fridge before I have to.... drink it... or chuck it. ?

22 REPLIES 22
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Bottled Beer Question

Wouldn't really bother trying to save it, it'll be flat by the next day, stick it on a plant that looks a bit weak, it'll perk right up with the vitamins, nutrients and nice stuff that is in beer...

nozzer
Community Veteran

@shutter 

Two days at most I would say. You need to get more practice. 😁

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Sometimes you just have to make an effort....

shutter
Community Veteran

@twocvbloke wrote:

Wouldn't really bother trying to save it, it'll be flat by the next day, stick it on a plant that looks a bit weak, it'll perk right up with the vitamins, nutrients and nice stuff that is in beer...

Except.... I am a Yokshuman !...(  For the southerners... or others, who may not understand..).. Yoksher - man....  and I hate to waste money .... by chucking stuff away.

shutter
Community Veteran

@nozzer  & @Champnet   practice.. in this case... does not make perfect... well.. it kinda does.... "perfect headache" next day...

I do make the effort... but am rarely successful ! ! ...

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Do you have a bottle or jar about 250ml that has a sealed lid....

No idea if that would work or how long it might keep.....

Anything is worth a try...

😉

We are born into history and history is born into us.
twocvbloke
Community Veteran

@shutter wrote:

Except.... I am a Yokshuman !...(  For the southerners... or others, who may not understand..).. Yoksher - man....  and I hate to waste money .... by chucking stuff away.

Can't be a true yokshuhman if you're not up to drinking 68 millilitres short of a Pint... 😂

Heck, I'm not of yokshuh origin and I'd never waste beer, even the nasty "Clockwork Tangerine" stuff from Brewdog I got back around christmas I downed cos I didn't want to waste it, despite it being as tasty as licking a 9V battery!!! 🤣

shutter
Community Veteran

@gleneagles  Thanks for the tip... maybe worth a try...

@twocvbloke  thanks for the heads up.... re- Brewdog.... saved me going that route ! ..(even worse headache, probably)

twocvbloke
Community Veteran

Brewdog does a few different flavours, I just found that "Clockwork Tangerine" flavour to be not to my tastes, now their "Indie" I found to be very nice, and the "Punk IPA" is okay too, but it's all about individual preferences and tastes, some may like ones I don't...

But, they do come in 330ml cans, so easier to drink smaller quantities at least... 😁

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@shutter wrote:

I`m not a drinker... but I do like an occasional half pint of bitter or pale ale...

Not keen on lager... so have been looking at ASDA offerings... as our son is doing the red cross food parcel deliveries to this prison ... ! .

they do not seem to have any British canned beer... so it looks like bottled stuff... but that generally comes in 500ml bottles.. which is too much for me to cope with in one session...  so... the "bottled beer question" is...

How long can I keep the 250ml that is left in the bottle, in the fridge before I have to.... drink it... or chuck it. ?

@shutter 

I don't know about the beers you mention, but lagers typically come in smaller bottles, e.g. Stella Artois = 284ml; San Miguel = 330ml (also 660ml), so I'm just wondering if the ones you prefer can be obtained in similar sizes.  Can you order from a different supermarket which may have more choice?

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@shutter  Try googleing beer in cans uk might find something for you there.Thumbs_Up

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@shutter 

Having nothing more interesting to do for 5 mins whilst drinking a cuppa, I had a quick shufti for "Tesco Bottled Beer" then selected "Ale & Bitter".  https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/shop/drinks/beer-and-cider/beer-ale-and-bitter?page=1&count=48

There were several beers in 330ml bottles, but this will upset you Cheesy, they were generally priced at £1.80 per bottle versus £1.70 for the 500ml bottles.  (Quite a few had "Any 4 for £6" on them)

So you could save money by getting 500ml bottles and chucking the excess!  Grin

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm not too keen on lager myself but being a cheapskate I go for Lidl's French lager. Little 250ml bottles that make a nice refresher. Eight bottle pack at I think £1.99.

shutter
Community Veteran

@RobPN   Ha Ha Ha  ! ... nice work... thanks... Smiley