cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boris racist attack - but it wasn't - racist that is. Note the lack of a hyphen

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Boris racist attack - but it wasn't - racist that is. Note the lack of a hyphen

From the Telegraph where I saw it http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/london-mayor-election/mayor-of-london/11682724/Boris-Johnso...
Boris Johnson caught telling black cab driver to '[censored] off and die'
whereas the actual report in the Daily Mail with pictures http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3128665/F-die-not-order-Boris-told-irate-cabbie-late-night-s...
When a black-cab driver offered Boris Johnson the benefit of his worldly wisdom the other night – as they are inclined to do – he got a robust answer back.
The London Mayor and Tory MP told the cabbie to '[censored] off and die'

Note - to avoid upsetting the mods I have edited the asterisked word in the quotes  Sad
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Boris racist attack - but it wasn't - racist that is. Note the lack of a hyphen

where's the racist part in that?
Community Veteran

Re: Boris racist attack - but it wasn't - racist that is. Note the lack of a hyphen

When I read it in the Telegraph I thought it meant that the  cab driver was black and that he had been verbally attacking a black person who happened to be a cab driver
Note that you can't include smileys in the title
Community Veteran

You have to work out whether it's a "black cab" driver or a black "cab driver".
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

i'm sure the telegraph purposely made it ambiguous as to what they were referring to.
Community Veteran

why blame malicious intent when incompetence works just as well  Roll eyes