Boring evening on TV -

Community Veteran

Boring evening on TV -

Boring evening on TV -  Grin
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Boring evening on TV -

Couldn't agree more. If you like these annual back-slapping do's (I don't) then the Sports "personality" of the year might interest you. But with the real snooker final already played yesterday, even tonight's proper final could well be dull or at least a fore-gone conclusion (no I haven't watched any of it today) No Top Gear either...dull dull dull.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Having watched none of it till now, in sheer desperation switched on the X Factor. Now I know why I don't watch it.
Switched off TV SWMBO and I are going to play some Cribbage for a while instead.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Listening to Radio 3, (drama on 3, starts at 08:00, The Contingency Plan)
whilst working on C02 and S02 damage maps (of Peak District)
no TV in our house hold, no doubt MIL will phone later with  X-factor results
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p8dcg
A powerful new version of the play originally staged at The Bush Theatre in London, addressing the subject of climate change. As Britain faces unprecedented and catastrophic floods, government and scientists argue over what action to take. A young glaciologist arrives in Whitehall determined to convince the powers that be of the importance of immediate action. But he is also bent on avenging his father, a scientist whose views were discredited a generation ago
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont you like the cooking then Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes, been sorting out the programs on my PVRs,  recorded Living dangerously last week 45 mins every morning, the first would you know was about the Boscombe Floods all those years ago, and the production instead of telling the saga in one go was swapping between stories and showing the same bit of a car on the car park, can you guess what is going to happen to this car later, as if we didnt know.  Oh well that made some room on my HD
pierre_pierre
Grafter

theres a program about okrzynska on More 4 soon
DOCUMENTARY: Confessions Of A Traffic Warden
On: more4
Date: Sunday 13th December 2009
Time: 21:00 to 22:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)
Starting the very first shift of a new job can be nerve-wracking for anyone: especially if you face being sworn at, spat on, racially abused and even physically assaulted. These are some of the 'highlights' that anyone starting a career as a traffic warden can expect. But with councils generating £1 billion a year from parking tickets, is it any surprise traffic wardens are motorists' public enemy number one? With unique access behind the scenes of Westminster Council's multi-million-pound parking enforcement operation, this Cutting Edge film follows new recruits as they learn the ropes and join a small army of "Civil Enforcement Officers" heading out onto London's streets to face the wrath of the capital's drivers. But with most wardens new to Britain as well as to the job, this film offers a unique perspective on the British and on the country they have travelled so far to settle in.
(Subtitles)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
Community Veteran

Just noticed on BBC website that a programme is on at some place called the Sheffield Arena - so had a look at wiki and it seems an impressive place.
Wonder where all the stars will be staying - has Sheffield enough posh hotels ?  Cheesy
or are there loads of posh cars to whisk away somewhere else ?
jmd
Grafter

I am logging off to watch the second part of "A Small Island" - it was very good last week............
Fixes: 47

In response to Mal's post  Lips are sealed Lips are sealed Lips are sealed
..and that wasn't easy Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I'm having a not so quiet evening browsing the forums while listening to http://www.planetrock.com/ online, turned up to 11.  Grin
Community Veteran

Ta Strat - but absolutely no disrespect to Sheffield which is Britain's no 5 city I think - but some of the so called big sports stars have big ego's and think they deserve special treatment and 6 star hotels and there can't be many of those in Sheffield or nearby.
And the last train leaves for London at 21:11 unless they have a special laid on.
But I'm REALLY pleased the BBC saw fit to have a big high profile show in the North of England  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Strat
In response to Mal's post  Lips are sealed Lips are sealed Lips are sealed
..and that wasn't easy Lips are sealed

Makes drinking Horlicks rather difficult too ! !  Cheesy
Fixes: 47

The M1 is just up the road for a quick getaway Mal Smiley
It goes in intravenously at my age Shutter.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
But with the real snooker final already played yesterday, even tonight's proper final could well be dull or at least a fore-gone conclusion (no I haven't watched any of it today)

It seems the final is not a foregone conclusion, but you could hardly describe either finalist as dynamic, good but inclined to dull, but it is very close at 6 all at the moment