cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookzz.org

tynygongl
Grafter

Bookzz.org

Has anyone out there used this website to download free e-books? It has a huge number (some of which are in print!). I've used it quite a lot and mostly successfully, but I have encountered downloads which seem OK but when I transfer them via Calibre to my Kobo e-reader, although they take a long time and claim to consist of many MBs, they come out with only the first 3 pages of the book!
Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Bookzz.org

Sorry I have a kindle and only download from Amazon.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I use a thing called the library, it's so easy to use and best of all it's FREE!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

I suppose it depends a lot on what format you're converting. PDF's seem the worse.
Personally I've found converting fraught with odd problems so as I use epubs I look for them already in that format but still often use Calibre to convert epub to epub to tidy up some things.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

epub is essentially a pack of compressed HTML files so it should provide the most consistent format display across multiple readers.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.