cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BookPeople.co.uk

Fixes: 123

BookPeople.co.uk

Has any used these before?
My daughter gave her usual list of books for Christmas last week - 7 in total.
Over £43 from Amazon but under £30 from the BookPeople.co.uk with free delivery.
Order placed on 13th with the first 4 received yesterday and the remaining three this morning. All books brand new and well packaged.
I had reason to contact them twice (once by phone and 2nd by online chat) due to issues my end not theirs and the service was excellent.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: BookPeople.co.uk

Thanks Mav, it's rare that I buy physical books now but I'll definitely keep this site in mind.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

My daughter (20) still prefers to hold a book and turn the pages, etc. than have a dedicated book-reader or read them on her iPhone.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

My wife uses them quite a bit, and we've found them to be excellent.  She received one that was slightly damaged a couple of weeks ago, so gave them a call.  They sent a new one straight out and told us to take the damaged one to a charity shop.
Fixes: 102

we've been using them for years, never had any issues.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I have had books from them but that was many years ago, on your first order they paid the postage if the total was above a certain sum so other orders for further books were sent to relatives addresses thus qualifying for free delivery.
One example was 9 books by Iain Banks for £14.
After reading them one of the used bookstalls on the local market gave me a £1 each for them so they were a bargain.
On the otherhand I got one book from them of the Lake District that had a number of full page photographs but the standard of printing was poor so it's a bit of a gamble.
Rare I now buy books as I have a Kindle but what books I have needed to buy I have got from Amazon but there are some good book bargains around on the internet.
minkey
Grafter

We use them all the time. Great service.
Don't forget Quidco which is between 6-8% cashback ATM
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

SWMBO is another very satisfied customer.  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything

Has anyone here used AbeBooks?
There i another book I want that is £18 at Amazon and not stocked by the BookPeople but is under £15 at AbeBooks including delivery. OK, so not a big difference but every penny helps Wink

Community Veteran

Why not pay with a debit card then you will have some come back if you have a problem.

I've actually found it at WHSmith for less that £15 with free delivery to our local store and as we plan to shop in that area in the next few days works out well Smiley