Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bon Marche - in adminisration

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Bon Marche - in adminisration

Another fashion shopping chain bites the dust...

Misus went in town today.. and big posters in the windows... "Closing Down Sale"... when she asked the staff, they seemed a bit bewildered... one said it was a "temporary closure"  and would probably re-open in a couple of weeks... another said that it was scary, as they really did not know what was happening.

googled it... and it`s  not looking good,   saying that ALL Bon Marche stores will close, putting 2,500 jobs at risk... of course... the head office blame Brexit delays .

On another tack... Missus did buy something... and got a Bon Marche plastic carrier bag... a Bon Marche size tag, with price reduction labels on.. and a couple of till receipts on Bon Marche till roll, verifying the date of purchase..

Do you think it will be worth preserving these items, together, and in a few years time, they will have increased in value, like "Moorcroft" pottery... and be a featured item on "Flog - it"   ? ?   ( gormless chinaman emoticon, and chinaman raising sunglasses emoticon)

3 REPLIES 3
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Bon Marche - in adminisration

Council car park charges and other anti car measures plus business rates have destroyed many large town centres. I've mentioned before I only visit my city centre once a year while I'm whiling away the time waiting for my MOT to be done.

I couldn't give a stuff if my council banned diesels, all cars, or people from the city centre. I mean what is there. Practically all the old big interesting stores are now student accommodation and what's left............coffee shops, bookies, pound and charity shops.

The flourishing shops are in the outlying areas where it's easy to park and walk around. No doubt councils will get around to screwing them up soon enough.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

M&S have not had a good year regarding clothing......seem to recall it has been the same for the last few years....could they be the next to go ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@gleneagles   Bearing in mind the "problems" of Bon Marche.... ( blaming lack of stock, etc, on the Brexit delay)..... M&S reported a profit on their clothes department sales, Up on last year...

so... makes you query the Bon Marche "excuse" .. (gormless chinaman emoticon)  ( aka  Huh? )