cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bob Crow has died

Community Veteran

Bob Crow has died

Associated Press is reporting that he has died.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Bob Crow has died

Community Veteran

I think I saw him on Sky News only yesterday...I didn't agree with his politics, but such a tragedy to die so young. RIP.
shalom2010
Grafter

I may not have agreed with much he said, but as a person he had a wonderful personality. R.I.P.
Community Veteran

I didn't agree with his politics but he fought for his members and got them good working conditions and pay.
Fixes: 125

As above I don't agree with his politics but enjoyed his appearances on Have I Got New For You.
Sad.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

milipeed must be jumping for joy
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

A bit more information http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/breaking-news-rmt-union-boss-bob-crow-dies-aged-52-after-heart...
The controversial union boss was aged just 52. He died at Whipps Cross hospital in Leytonstone after suffering an aneurysm and a massive heart attack.
Community Veteran

Maybe an appropriate time to remember Gleneagle's post.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121211.0.html
nadger
Rising Star

Always good to draw attention to abdominal aortic aneurysm albeit I doubt this was reason for Bob Crow's sad demiise.
Like others I didn't agree with his politics but he did work hard for his members.
kdoug007
Grafter

The Rail, Maritime and Transport union leader Bob Crow has died at the age of 52.
In a brief statement the RMT said: "It is with the deepest regret that RMT has to confirm that our general secretary Bob Crow sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning.
"RMT would request that all media respect the privacy of the friends and family of Bob Crow at this distressing time."
Mr Crow died of an aneurysm and a heart attack, according to LBC radio station.
Mr Crow has been a controversial and divisive figure seen by some as the staunch defender of workers' rights and by others as a force for disruption.
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
Always good to draw attention to abdominal aortic aneurysm albeit I doubt this was reason for Bob Crow's sad demiise.
Like others I didn't agree with his politics but he did work hard for his members.

so what do you think he  died  from  then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

A great shock - for most of my commuting life he was "the enemy" who could turn a moderately unpleasant experience into misery for tens of thousands. But you have to admire the guy's determination to do what he thought right for his members.
What I can't quite get my head round is that he was only 52 and ostensibly in good health (albeit a bit on the large side). To me he looked much older (than me even, and I'm pushing 60). Must have been a stressful position
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: beeceegee
A great shock - for most of my commuting life he was "the enemy" who could turn a moderately unpleasant experience into misery for tens of thousands. But you have to admire the guy's determination to do what he thought right for his members.
What I can't quite get my head round is that he was only 52 and ostensibly in good health (albeit a bit on the large side). To me he looked much older (than me even, and I'm pushing 60). Must have been a stressful position

He  was    very  over weight  m8....
I mean VERY!!!!!
Community Veteran

Looking at recent pictures he was a bit overweight but not 'very overweight' It was also reported that he exercised daily.