cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Angels in Flight

Community Veteran

Blue Angels in Flight

I thought some of these pics were great.  In some where you can see the scenery they are of Niagra Falls, Alcatraz and Frisco Bay.  The ship is the USS Constitution in Boston.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Blue Angels in Flight

Unlike the Red Arrows who's existence (the subject of much discussion I believe) is promotion of the RAF and GB in general, and operate internationally. The Blue Angles operate to promote recruitment, they operate almost exclusively in the US. Again apart from occasional over-flights of Buckingham Palace the Arrows rarely show over cities, which the Blue's do fairly regularly.
Normally the Blue's display with 6 aircraft (F16's) with a 7th soloing, against the Arrows 9. The precision of both teams is legendary, however the Blue's do have a reputation of getting closer together than any other display team (with the possible exception of some Russian teams) Unfortunately, this has had its downside as 26 team members have been killed during display or practice.
For more information and history, the Wikipedia entry for the Blue Angles is a good starting point.
Edit: good pics artmo
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Re: Blue Angels in Flight

Thanks for that info Petlew.  It's always good to have some background.  I think I've got a few more pics that were sent to me.  I'll have a look and post later.