cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked - on grounds of copyright ! WOT ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Blocked - on grounds of copyright ! WOT ?

Just trying to watch a vid on Youtube.... got the "sad face" icon and the message

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

yet subsequent series of the same show are available  ......
Erm... so, in my country... I can`t watch channel 4 progs after they have been shown, on the grounds of copyright ? ? ? 

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Blocked - on grounds of copyright ! WOT ?

It probably thinks you're somewhere else?
Can you post a link and others can test?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

If it's not on 4oD they might not want it publicly available at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country

Does that not suggest that it's only blocked in certain countries (like outside UK), presumably based on IP address info - there were issues some time ago with new ranges of Plusnet IP addresses that were showing on some systems as Eastern Europe weren't there?  Could this be a similar issue?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Understand the "block" in "other countries"... but as long as I have been alive Portsmouth, has been in the U.K. and I haven`t heard any different from local or national government agencies...
Youtube knows which country I am in... ( at least it should do!... ) i`ve not hidden it... don`t know how to !..
as I said... follow-on series are available....
and I have seen this on several vids I wanted to watch... !...
Fixes: 125

Has YouTube detected part of the soundtrack that is copyrighted and, therefore, restricted access in some countries?
I noticed they did this with one of my uploads last year. In that case further information showed that it was banned from being viewed in Germany Huh

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

There might be some background music on the vid... but I cant say, cos I cant watch/hear it......
it was a tv series in the UK