cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blair-Murdoch Link

nadger
Rising Star

Blair-Murdoch Link

So Tony is godfather to one of his children http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14785501
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Blair-Murdoch Link

Sadly that comes as no surprise. I doubt it will be the last piece of information about the influence of power on politics. Didn't Tony Blair once say that history would judge his performance. Very prophetic! 
It was sad because our local Labour MP is an excellent hard working and effective representative who was sidelined by the Blair presidential camp.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This is but a small detail compared to all the things Blair was up to with the Lybian's 
Documents found clearly show he was fully aware of the torture that was taking place and did everything to keep the Lybian's happy whilst constantly harping on about human rights !
The government have set up an enquiry that will no doubt take years before a final report is produced and may not even be made available to the public.
Community Veteran

Yes, Bliar was in it up to his neck.  As more papers come to light we will see the true duplicity of Bliar and his government.
Another interesting read yesterday was the Alistair Darling  book.  It confirmed what we already knew from other sources that Brown's government was totally dysfunctional. No wonder he is regarded as the worst PM in our history.
Steve
Pro

It confirmed what we already knew from other sources that Brown's government was totally dysfunctional. No wonder he is regarded as the worst PM in our history.

Worse than Margaret Thatcher? Clement Attlee? Undecided
Community Veteran

I know a lot of people did not like Maggie but there were many others who would regard her as our best PM ever.
Community Veteran

The question I wonder about is would Tony even be free if all his expenses papers hadn't been "accidentally" destroyed.
Heloman
Grafter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Prime_Ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom
I think Attlee is a bit over-rated, though he did introduce the NHS.
Blair is grossly over-rated!
Otherwise I think the listings are about right  Smiley