Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackpool

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Blackpool

So the whole of Lancashire is in various stages of lockdown.......except Blackpool....

So what happens on a nice sunny Sunday like we had today, the roads are gridlocked with thousands going to Blackpool and from photographs shown it clear few are bothering with social distancing or even face masks.

Crazy.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Blackpool

Ironic how all the day visitors interviewed complained about all the other day visitors....

Highlighted
Community Veteran

This is what i was saying about in the other thread. There is so little trust left in the government from people tramplings of previous years that many out there just don't believe covid is real. Add to that the internet conspiracy theories..

It won't be long before the government is forced to take even more drastic action which really will surpress us like the last lockdown.

As for visitors complaining of other visitors.. muppets. That's all i can say.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 159

So it's not peoples stupidity and lack of common sense/social responsibility but the government's fault?

Give me strength!

To quote Somerset Maughan: "Life is short, nature is hostile and man is ridiculous".

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

This is down to the innate selfish nature of Man, it's all Me, Me, Me, you know the kind of Man I mean; the stupid kind I was referring to in another thread.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Baldrick1 

I guess it’s a combination of both, a government giving mixed messages, my post allowing Blackpool to be excluded from the general lockdown in Lancashire being one example and the response of the general public who appear to fall into one of two main groups.

The first group include those who do not care about the virus irrespective of the evidence and take no precautions whilst the second group are just the opposite and take every precaution to keep themselves safe along with others.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Mook wrote:

This is down to the innate selfish nature of Man, it's all Me, Me, Me, you know the kind of Man I mean; the stupid kind I was referring to in another thread.

I guess a lot of these selfish people are in for rude awakening once this winter is over, those who think only of themselves are unlikely to get much sympathy from others when they need it.

Interesting how things change, at a time when most people were poor you could rely on the help from others as they knew what you were going through, there was a time you could even leave your door unlocked.....seems more people have the more they want.

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 159

@gleneagles 

But where do you draw the line? Presumably if Blackpool was locked down the idiots would just move on to the next open seaside town.

I don't get this it's the government's fault for giving mixed messages stuff. Surely by now everyone knows the risks, the need to socially distance, wear masks etc.   but these totally idiotic people crowd together in a seaside town because the government hasn't told them that they shouldn't do this in Blackpool? Just sit back and think about it.

I guess that all we can do is let these people get on with it, fining them whenever possible and if they and their relatives all go down with it then it might at least build up some herd immunity that will reduce the risk for the rest of us who behave responsibly.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Baldrick1 wrote:

So it's not peoples stupidity and lack of common sense/social responsibility but the government's fault?.

Without a doubt people are selfish idiots too however would you 100% trust an organisation that has:

• Bailed out banks when people are losing everything
  • Built warships when it's too broke to look after your healthcare properly or your elderly relatives
  • Purchased super expensive F35s while attacking the poor on benefits
  • Increased stealth taxes year after year
  • Gone to war over oil and allowed terrorism to become completely random after
  • Given themselves pay rises while freezing state pay, pensions, benefits
  • Claimed every expense possible while the taxman screws people harder than ever
  • Stitched up the housing market so the young are screwed

Which ever party is in control, all of the above has been done by HM's government.

Are you surprised that many don't trust the government that Covid is even real? - I've met many people who call it a load of balls and all fake in order to control the masses. Many of which are adamant that it is a government ploy to control the people / put barcodes on our wrists / use vaccines to change our DNA etc. I've stood there and had an argument with a guy i've known 15 years about this - he is adamant it's all a government plot to control us - while the woman i live with has been nursing covid patients and seeing it first hand - and he STILL wouldn't believe it - while being happy to flout the rules himself.

Despite all of the above in that list i do believe it's real - but then i've heard first hand accounts of it from a nurse.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not defending just saying, but Blackpool is a unitary authority and therefore separate from Lancashire County Council and the same goes for I think for Greater Manchester if anybody can confirm that.

It is all rather odd.

Here in Wales tourists still stream in from England towards places like the Gower and the Pembrokeshire coast yet those in Caerphilly county borough and the Rhondda Cynon Taf area are on lockdown. 

As said all rather odd, but also rather worrying.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Four more Welsh counties going into lockdown - Merthyr Tydfil, Bridgend, Blaenau Gwent and Newport, so now six in total but still no restrictions for those crossing the border for their second home 'staycation' holiday.

"Motorists can continue to use the M4 and other major roads - you can drive in and out of the areas as long as you do not stop".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54234993 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Last week people in the London area were informed by the website that the nearest test centre with available 'slots' was in Inverness.  Then someone had the clever idea of inputting an Aberdeen postcode as his home address, and he was offered an appointment in London.  You really couldn't make it up.

Last week I was on a bus where all six of us upstairs were wearing face masks so I thought the situation was getting better, but today there were a couple with no mask and quite a few covering their mouth only.

I'm pretty much doing what I did during the lockdown because we now know that it worked in bringing the infection rate down.  The rules are not difficult to understand either:  Wear a face mask and keep two metres away from other people (or as far away as possible).

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

"Motorists can continue to use the M4 and other major roads - you can drive in and out of the areas as long as you do not stop".

I wonder what planet some people are on. Anyone in a car may need to stop and it'll be safer than continuing to drive. Name it if you are hungry/thirsty, someone is ill or they need a toilet break. A driver and thier passengers all need to be fine and sometimes you have to stop.

Who hasn't done that?