cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Sunday

valart
Grafter

Black Sunday

A lot of customers lost their broadband on Sunday like myself I did the usual things reboot router phone up PN to get automated message that they have problems,I have never been with another broadband supplier and I just wondered if they have problems like this.I have asked some of my friends with different suppliers and they have never had any problems there was a lot of angry customers looking at the forums.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Black Sunday

in fairness to PN they do not have many problems especially affecting so many customers. I phoned and got a recorded message which told me all I needed to know. Some ISPs would not have provided that info so quickly.
Community Veteran

That said it's happened to me enough times so on Sunday it was a case of, Oh they're down again guess I'll leave it for several hours as usual.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

@ bnb
indeed
@op
its annoying when it happens and certainly when the root of the problem is the same each of the times its happened (gateway having a fit) but a previous isp I was with would have waited at least 8 hours before acknowledging the fault, and in a few cases they took over 48 hours to post a notice about any problems and denied any such problems existed via the overseas (and often barely intelligible) call center(s), having said that we don't get weekly down time for a 6 hour maint starting at 4pm on a Friday and disrupting internet service until about 9 am Monday either, sure there are intermitant problems and they might be annoying when they crop up but in all honesty the service from plusnet has been far better than that provided by any of the other 10 isp's ive used in the past in terms of service stability and effective communication of problems (a certain other ISP used to tell people to look at the plusnet service page to see if there was a known problem before ringing up to complain about it)
in case your wondering I wont name the ISP's I chose to highlight but my previous suppliers were talktalk, sky, orange, BT, Freeserve (no longer exist) blueYonder (no longer exist) NTL (now Virgin) easynet(no longer exist) DT (German isp)  Midas communications, ok the last two were overseas but I included them in terms of my experience with them, I wouldn't want to say plusnet was "the best" but I can be certain they are a long way off being "the worst" even if I only compare them to other Uk providers that are still operating
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you