cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Spider Memos

Steve
Pro

Black Spider Memos

Full text of the 27 letters sent by Prince Charles to the prime minister and ministers in six UK government departments in 2004 and 2005, released after a 10-year battle by the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/ng-interactive/2015/may/13/read-the-prince-charles-black-spider-m...
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Black Spider Memos

Hardly black spider - they are all typed.
Good on him for getting involved. Good to see he cares Smiley
Roberto0151
Grafter

+1 !
dick:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I guess with 8 legs it's easier for a spider to type... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It is trivia with the Gruaniad trying to make news rather than report the news.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

all it shows is that he cared deeply about the country and its people and future generations so much so he took the time to congratulate or berate or provide pointers on how best to undertake such things
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's backfired badly on the republicans who sought to damage the reputation of the Monarchy. He comes across a a prime example of British virtue, thoughtful, informed, defender of the underdog, those without a voice and the young.
If I'd been in his position I'd have probably been a playboy, but he's followed the example of his mother in public service  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

+1
The general consensus is that his actions were right. Another poke in the eye for the guardianistas. Bet a few of them choked on their muesli this morning Wink  Prior to the publication the BBC was trying to paint the Prince as interfering in matters he should stay clear of.  More humble pie there I think.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

the only one they can really hang their hats on is homoeopathy where he managed to have consumer protection legislation delayed for several years - whether that was good or bad I have no idea
nanotm
Pro

the proposed legislation would apparently forbid promotion or sale of anything that didn't come from a licenced drug company effectively getting rid of thousands of simple home remedies and lock a lot of people out of finding a cheap or free "cure" to help whatever ailed them, it would have undone thousands of years of knowledge on what is or isn't good for you in a given situation all in the name of "consumer protection" just another raft of unnecessary laws from the party that sought to declare anything they deemed bad illegal, i'm only surprised they never banned tobacco or alcohol, perhaps they couldn't borrow enough to cover the income losses for that though ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Hardly black spider - they are all typed.
Good on him for getting involved. Good to see he cares Smiley

Well said! Everyone seems to be saying the same thing and I think it goes to show what many of our power hungry politicians are really like - disgusting. They've tried to paint him as some sort of bad character and all he's done is care about his nation.
Good for him.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I am not sure where the politician bit came into it as they did their best to stop them being published as did the Palace
It is the press who have been stirring it - specially the Guardian
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Oldjim
I am not sure where the politician bit came into it as they did their best to stop them being published as did the Palace
It is the press who have been stirring it - specially the Guardian

Er... it shows how we have some power hungry politicians who don't give a damn about anything but themselves. I thought i made that clear? - Now you come along also confirming that it was them that tried to stop the letters being published..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!