Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Black Friday

Good idea, but we get so few emails these days so.....

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

i got one today from B&Q telling me their black friday event is only on for another two weeks Roll eyes

Do these people not realise that people are getting fed up with false sales, price hikes and being conned?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Strat wrote:

I'm in the market for a 4k TV and probably could have grabbed one in the 'Black Friday sales'.

But that is not the way I shop for things like that unlike some I see.

I have a specification in mind and like to take my time.

@Strat please let us know how you get on as I was looking for 4k TVs at the weekend. One shop I always look at is: Richer Sounds . As a satisfied customer I find them very knowledgeable and helpful. Their prices also include a 6 year warranty

Fixes: 158

A bit too close to Christmas so will be the 1st quarter of 2017 now.

I have done business with Richer Sounds before satisfactorily.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)

Community Veteran

Watch out for the fall in the value of the pound. Most suppliers would have "hedged" the sterling price of their goods prior to Christmas. In the New Year they may not have the same protection and sterling prices of "white goods" will rise.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

artmo wrote:

Strat wrote:

I'm in the market for a 4k TV and probably could have grabbed one in the 'Black Friday sales'.

But that is not the way I shop for things like that unlike some I see.

I have a specification in mind and like to take my time.

@Strat please let us know how you get on as I was looking for 4k TVs at the weekend. One shop I always look at is: Richer Sounds . As a satisfied customer I find them very knowledgeable and helpful. Their prices also include a 6 year warranty

Next big thing in tv's is HDR

I was looking at the LG 50UH 635 at John Lewis for £479 with a 5 year guarantee

Buying a TV takes a lot of research and reading up what UHD, HDR & 4K means and do you really need it.

In the example of the TV mentioned above Amazon have it priced at over £600 so clearly there are savings to be made.

Amongst the TV's at JW there are some OLED tv's which claim to be the bees knees and so they should be ranging up to £2,000 way above my budget but it's interesting to note from the reviews nearly half of purchasers have returned them due to problems so more expensive does not equal better.

I Suspect that many firms from car makers to electrical device manufacturers are in such a rush to keep ahead of the market thing are turned out too quickly and it's the customer who becomes the, 'tester' or 'guinea pig' for these items

Community Veteran

I think I'll stick with my old Samsung 21" crt that I bought on ebay half a dozen years ago for a couple of quid.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

CRT, really?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Bearing in mind I suppose that these are enhanced no end by having a good broadband connection and I suspect manufacturers are pulling their hair out by the roots at how BT are dragging their feet.

To misquote St Augustine, 'Grant me decent broadband and 4k TV but not yet, as one is unavailable..... and the other is way out of my price range!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

billnotben wrote:

I think I'll stick with my old Samsung 21" crt that I bought on ebay half a dozen years ago for a couple of quid.

Cost a fair bit to run than a led tv ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Minivanman wrote:

CRT, really?

No shortage of them at the local recyling site so people are still using them out there and upgrading.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

gleneagles wrote:

Cost a fair bit to run than a led tv ?

Just over 60w including a freeview box.