Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Black Friday!

Is anyone competing in on Black Friday?
I've managed to take annual leave on that day so I'll be at Asda by 8AM and again on Saturday at 8AM
Are you going to Asda - that's if you are doing BF!  Cheesy
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
57 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Black Friday!

I'll be keeping as far away as possible Wink
itsme
Grafter

Is today a Bank Holiday?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Black Friday is an invention of the USA retail industry tied to Thanksgiving, neither of which have no relevance to the UK.  As all good men know the correct day for Christmas shopping is Christmas Eve in the local garage shop.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
itsme
Grafter

I always thought Thanksgiving day was the last Thursday in November but it's actually the fourth Thursday in November
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Although Black Friday is an American tradition - I think it's a good idea for Britain to have BF as then you can get heavily discounted items in time for Christmas.
Let's hope I don't end up being crushed!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's the day when all business costs have been covered and businesses  "go into the black"  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Although Black Friday is an American tradition - I think it's a good idea for Britain to have BF as then you can get heavily discounted items in time for Christmas.
Let's hope I don't end up being crushed!

But..... don`t you get better "discounts" on Boxing Day sales?  ..... ready for next christmas.....
Community Veteran

Quote from: NorthEasterner

I can't decide whether you are serious or just having a wind up.
Black Friday is not a good idea for Britain. The pace at which we are being Americanised is alarming and I do wonder how long it will be before we become the 51st state.
There will be very very few heavily discounted items with some stuff with a bit knocked off as opposed to the real Black Friday where the savings are large and widespread.
Fixes: 104

Quote from: shutter
But..... don`t you get better "discounts" on Boxing Day sales?  ..... ready for next christmas.....

no, they'll cherry pick a few (poor performing) products and sell them at mad prices to get people through the door..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Most of the "sales" items are specially purchased well in advance by the retailers.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

I always thought sales were to shift lines that nobody wanted to buy the rest of the year Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Roberto0151
Grafter

I can't decide whether you are serious or just having a wind up.
Black Friday is not a good idea for Britain. The pace at which we are being Americanised is alarming and I do wonder how long it will be before we become the 51st state.
Unquote
Hear, hear!    And it applies to language, spelling and so many other things as well, including both the important and the just irritating.  Angry
Edit  Sorry, I can ever get this Quote/Unquote system worked out !
Razorback
Grafter

In the USA Black Friday as an event is pretty much being eroded as stores compete to open earlier and earlier. Many of the Black Friday sales now start on Thanksgiving Thursday.  Cheesy
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

ive never bought anything on black friday
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970