cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday emails

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Black Friday emails

I've just set my email filter to automatically delete any incoming email with the Subject containing the phrases "Black Friday" or "Cyber Monday". I'm thinking about adding Christmas to the list too for four weeks.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Black Friday emails

Why is it called Black Friday rather than Cyber Friday......?

I feel a letter to the appropriate authorities will have to be sent...

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Me too, and I think this is a record but it is the 20th November and I have yet to hear a Christmas single being played.

Not that I am complaing, but now I have on here I will probably hear one today no doubt Roll eyes

Champnet
Rising Star

@Alex  Turn your radio on...........

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Apparently, SIX out of TEN "black friday" deals, last year, were, in fact, on sale at cheaper prices earlier in the year...

Me?  don`t want anything "that bad".. that I need to be conned by the retail industry, into thinking I have GOT TO HAVE IT cos it`s a "black friday deal"...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

gleneagles wrote:

Why is it called Black Friday rather than Cyber Friday......?

I feel a letter to the appropriate authorities will have to be sent...

Wink

It's a merkin thing, basically, the friday after thanksgiving is apparently when they do their accounting, find they're running in the black, and therefore have a huge sale to clear out old stock in preparation for the coming new year, and hence dubbed it Black Friday...

Of course, why the heck we adopted it is beyond me, just another americanism that takes the world by storm I guess...