cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday ideas for 13 year old (to be) girl

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Birthday ideas for 13 year old (to be) girl

She's going to be 13, not going to be a girl...though she already is.Hmmm, that didn't come out right but you can work out what I mean.
She loves technology, but we don't want anything too big ( she's not a very big girl), small (she is prone to losing things) and must be durable (she's always climbing etc,as 2 broken collar bones will testify).
I was looking for watches, seemed ideal, then I saw the ad for the 'Apple i-Watch'.    But maybe not  Cheesy
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Birthday ideas for 13 year old (to be) girl

Best of luck with that ............................  Wink
Mattz0r
Rising Star

How about her own customised Lego Minifig?
Check out http://minifigs.me - They're decent guys and can pretty much do *anything* design wise.
Tell them I sent you Wink
Cheers,
Matt
Community Veteran

Send her an "e-card".....
http://www.123greetings.com/birthday/
Community Veteran

Thanks Matt, those minifigs look great. The short of thing to appeal to her. Will have a closer look at the creation from photo's later.
Thanks for suggestion Shutter, would be great idea if I didn't see her, but can't get rid of her really (ok, not that bad but we see her two or three,  Times a week , so she may be a bit Pitt out by an ecard).
What happened to Barbie dolls etc?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

When is it for? I carry a fairly large number of year 7 girls on my school run, I'll ask some of the more talkative if you like, what they would like as a birthday prezzie. One who gets on first was recently just 13 was over-joyed with a trip to Alton Towers, but they don't come cheap.
Better warn you though, most of the year 7's on my coach are 13 going on 25 and more interested in make-up than Barbie dolls.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

You drive a coach holding Secondary school kids? You deserve a medal.
Amazon Vouchers are my suggestion or maybe a day's rock climbing training.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

The e-card, was not meant as a "primary present".... more of a "techy" way of sending a birthday card to her.... instead of having to trawl through loads of trash in shop after shop... and she will only chuck it in the bin, after smiling nicely !  Smiley  Roll eyes  Cry
Fixes: 125

For the last year or so I have been using moonpig.com when selecting cards for SWMBO and my daughter. I find that high street cards failed to offer the right mix of picture/sentiment I was looking for and got fed up with compromising. Although a little more expensive the ability to completely personalise both the card and envelope is a great boon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

At presents time (Christmas and/or birthdays) my 27 year old daughter takes me shopping.
She picks the present(s) and I pay the bill.....simples Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

For the last few years my daughter (now 19) has made it easier for me by giving me a list of books she wants. She gives me the list in September giving me plenty of time to find the best deals so I can get as many as possible from the list. SWMBO then goes out and chooses what she would like to buy her.
I'd never take either out to buy their presents as they'd drive me up the wall and I'd probably have a panic attack as we reach the tills Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

My daughter doesn't pick her own present, she gets what she's given.
These are for the 7 grand kids and other assorted under 18s as appropriate.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro

make a personalised voucher giving a set amount of cash value to purchase the things she can find online, if your feeling cruel give it a 1 month expiry date, its what I gave my teenagers last year for xmass, only one of them was bright enough to ask me to get them something before the run out date  Grin
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

re nanotm post......
My sister sent me one of these......    http://www.one4allgiftcard.co.uk/gift-cards/happy-birthday-balloons.html
I`m not sure,.... but... I think she MAY have got it at the local post office... ( as it has a Post Office logo on it )... although you can get the same card "on-line" ... having a quick read of the faq`s... there is a 99p charge for the on-line version...
Basically,... YOU decide how much "credit" is put on the card... and the recipient can spend it in a number of shops, on whatever they want.... just like a "debit card"...
Might be a "cool" thing for her to have and "show off " to her friends as she goes shopping with her own " credit (?) card "  ! ! ! ...
nanotm
Pro

yeah things like that can be good, I took the cheap option of leaving the cash in my bank account and printing out vouchers using publisher, but then I also wanted them to have the option of searching for the item they wanted and then which shop they wanted it from, so as to maximise the number of acquisitions possible with the funds available
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you