cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday Girl

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Birthday Girl

Easier just to remove most of the plates / bowls / cups etc from circulation and just have one set each.

I only use one cup per day however the missus will use 5 or 6 and think nothing of it. Same with plates. If I use a small one for a snack i'll normally stick it in the fridge to use it again later. The missus? she adds it to the washing up pile.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@7up wrote:

Easier just to remove most of the plates / bowls / cups etc from circulation and just have one set each.

Well, there's the solution, just don't tell the missus until after the deed is done... Grin

Community Veteran

We did talk about it ages ago but her attitude was we'd need to store them somewhere for when people come over etc. As we don't have much storage here her solution was to carry on storing them in the kitchen cupboard where they already were.. and so nothing actually changed Roll eyes

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@7up

'You must be one of those fellas that does a bad job of it then? Pity i never figured that one out!'

No not really, it's just that the Mrs is a bit of a fusspot when it comes to washing up - which was also one of the reasons why that dishwasher went. It never got that much use anyway. 

So why did we even buy it? Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.  

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@Minivanman wrote:

We got rid of ours a) because the Mrs thought it did not do a good job b) we are on a water meter so..... and c) there are only two of us, and not enough dishes!

We've been here before regarding dishwashers, and I think we agreed to disagree at the time!  Smiley

a)  My present choice of dishwasher (Miele) does an excellent job, its two predecessors weren't bad either but not as good as this one.  A dishwasher is far more hygienic too than hand-washing/drying.

b)  We are also on a water meter, but as the dishwasher only goes on twice a week it uses far less water and energy (electrical and human) than hand-washing in a sink (or one of those yucky plastic bowls).

c)  As there are only two of us also, that is the reason it only goes on twice week, which is OK as we have sufficient plates, cereal bowls and cutlery. The fact that the present dishwasher has a separate independent third rack for cutlery means it is more efficient at cleaning the cutlery than the two previous ones which just had baskets to jam everything in which often resulted in bit of food not being washed off or trapped in between the items.

I'm with @7up about re-using the same mug all day or using a plate again if it's only been used for biscuits or similar, and we cook things such as porridge or oven chips directly in the bowl or on a (clean) plate in the microwave combi-oven.

I just finished stacking it with about 3.5 days worth of crockery, cutlery and pans and it's now washing them for me whilst I'm typing this.  I certainly wouldn't be without it as I hate washing dishes. Wink

Fixes: 337

@7up wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

Well to be honest the Mrs does not like me doing washing up 

You must be one of those fellas that does a bad job of it then?

SWMBO doesn't like me doing the washing up and the few times I just get on with it she either hovers by moaning or waits till I've finished and redo it all. Better to let her get on with it as it saves my ears and water at the same timeWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Mav i know how you feel ,,, despite best attempts Swmbo now hover over any dish i use to ensure its cleaned .

@7up  yes me too Thumbs Up my cup is mine and no other will do Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Sounds like you’re all be deliberately bad so you won’t get asked to do it again in future.

Good plan 😛
Community Veteran

Yeah obviously a reason why these lucky lads are banned from washing up.

I'm too flaming honest that's my problem. I couldn't deliberately do a bad job just to get out of it.. and look at the price i'm paying for it Roll eyes