cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday Cakes

Fixes: 47

Birthday Cakes

When I was a lad a birthday cake was a round sponge cake covered with white icing and topped off with some candles.
If I was lucky it had a layer of jam in the middle.
Now it has to be customised.
I've personally seen a Gucci bag cake which was very good and a Cars cake.
Also overheard being discussed were xBox, PS3 and a pair of boobs of specified cup size Shocked
Where will it all end Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
8 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Birthday Cakes

"Where will it end" you say
Down the pan Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

My missus was good at making cakes.... she made one for me, that was a very good resemblance of my computer at the time.... and Acorn Electron... complete with the addon extension... It tasted really good... she later made one representing the Narrow Boat we lived on !.. again, a pretty good copy... unfortunately, I did not think of taking pics at the time !...
She also made the 4 tier wedding cake for her son`s wedding.. it was on a revolving stand, and had a "carousel/galloper" on the top which played the wedding march...  Got pics somewhere, but not available quickly.... was about 4 ft tall when completed... !
Community Veteran

Customised cakes are nice and fun.  I recently had a 'football' cake made for a 10 year old. He loved it Smiley He really didn't want to cut into it.
Fixes: 47

I know people who have had a picture cake made at Asda for their young one using a head and shoulders picture.
When it comes to the cutting up of the cake into party bag size pieces they can't stick a knife into their child's face......can't say I blame them.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

We have a very good cake-maker in our High Street. Not only does she make cakes but also runs courses in cake-making for the locals.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Strat
I know people who have had a picture cake made at Asda for their young one using a head and shoulders picture.

We had one like that for my daughter's 5th or 6th birthday but I think it was from Sainsbury's or Tesco - can't remember now.
I'm not a lover of sponge cakes with icing preferring a nice fruit cake (hopefully with a little brandy added Wink) with lots of marzipan topped with icing but the younger ones never seem to want it (without the brandy, of course).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Fancy cakes are OK but for little kids............
If you don't want tantrums at going home time it's best to stick to a good old standard shaped one.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Make sure there's loads of E additives and artificial colours in the cake - helps make a wild kiddie party.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.