cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biro saturation level.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Biro saturation level.

When my kids were in their early teens and I was running my business from home, I soon discovered that homes have natural saturation levels for:

• Biro Pens
  • Pencils
  • AA Batteries
  • Tape measures
  • screw drivers

If you repeatedly buy those items by the box load, leave them on your desk, you'll eventually reach a saturation level. At that point the "lost" items will start to spontaneously re-appear around the house. It's as if you've exceeded the capacity of the your home to adsorb new supplies.  Strangely even though the kids have left home and are raising their own families, the saturation levels remain unchanged.

Any other natural Laws of the Home?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Biro saturation level.

Gravity does wonders for big houses with lofts and cupboards seem to get to a point where you can't fit any more in!!

Minivanman
Hero

Funny enough got to wonder the other day if the Queen has a draw in the Windsor Castle that's full of bits of string, batteries, plastic bags or old fuses and such like - you know the sort of thing us plebs have?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Socks. You put X amount into the washing machine. You get Y amount out. You put Y amount into the tumble dryer. You get all X amount back. It's like there's a fold in space time back behind the machines that isn't quite aligned right.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

Funny enough got to wonder the other day if the Queen has a draw in the Windsor Castle that's full of bits of string, batteries, plastic bags or old fuses and such like - you know the sort of thing us plebs have?

I refer to it as "The drawer of many things"... Crazy

Community Veteran

I call those Tardis drawers.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

bjallenby wrote:

Socks. You put X amount into the washing machine.

I agree with less coming out of the washing machine.. but to be honest i'd never counted them between the two machines lol. Not using a tumbler anymore has clearly been the root cause of my dwindling supplies.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Steve wrote:

Gravity does wonders for big houses with lofts and cupboards seem to get to a point where you can't fit any more in!!

When we lived in our previous place it was tiny.. and we managed to cram stuff in everywhere all over the place into places you could never think of.

Moved to a place 3 times larger for the little ones sake and now we struggle to fit in a fraction of the stuff per room. .

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!