cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bingo!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Bingo!

So,... What went through the minds of the advertising guru`s who dreamt up that stupid advert for Bingo on the telly... 

I mean...the people are all doing other things... fishing... having a big picnic and singing "gooly gooly gang bang"  ( or whatever it is ). whilst sitting on bales of straw... or hurtling around the go-kart track... in the background  some electronic wizardy is showing ( presumably ) bingo cards being splattered with coloured blobs....

Whenever do those guys  ( in the advert ) actually sit down and play bingo ?   and do those guys who dream these adverts up.... ever try to sit and watch the result, and think.....

"Yes !  I did a great job there,... you can see what it is all about...  the product is really well promoted.."  

If they think that, . they must be barmy... ( but getting paid for being barmy isnt a crime..... or is it  ? )

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Bingo!

I'd say they did their job, after all, the main objective is for advertising to be memorable and to get people discussing it, and, erm, here we are, discussing the ad...Funny

Haven't seen it myself though, but I'm guessing it's up there with the meerkat, singing comparison guy, and Hamlet Cigars in terms of memorable annoyance... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

To a point.. I agree... it IS a memorable advert.... but I can`t remember the "product"... apart from that it is some form of online bingo game...

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

shutter wrote 

If they think that, . they must be barmy... ( but getting paid for being barmy isnt a crime..... or is it  ? )

Let's see...paid for being barmy? criminal?  hmmmm, ooh, i know, the government? cos some of the stuff they come up with is criminal and a joke.  Roll eyes

As for Bingo, no thanks..I'd rather watch paint dry.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Practically every ad doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

Like I never got how gambling is somehow a super fun disco party.

Unless there were buckets of drugs involved.

Probably were. Being taken as a "thinking" aid by the ad execs.