Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billy Connolly... Double Whammy

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Billy Connolly... Double Whammy

Billy Connolly suffering from the 'initial symptoms' of Parkinson's Disease as he undergoes surgery for prostate cancer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2421778/Billy-Connolly-surgery-prostate-cancer-treated-...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/billy-connolly-support-floods-after-2278606

I've just had the PSA test recently, borderline results.
Undergoing further tests, better safe than sorry..
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Billy Connolly... Double Whammy

Went right off Billy Connolly after the Ken Bigley 'joke' in late 2004!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/3717462.stm
Geoff,
York.
nadger
Rising Star

The BBC site said he underwent minor surgery so must have been caught early with no need to remove prostate.
@PlusCommUK - good luck with further PSA tests - as you say " better safe than sorry"
It's about 5 years since I was diagnosed with advanced bladder cancer and over 4 years since I had bladder and prostate successfully removed. Recent CT scan has caused some concern but they don't think it's cancer returning but further CT scan in November.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Cancer is the modern day plague isn't it. It seems most folks are going to suffer from it at some point in their lives now. Strange how the cancer infection rates have gone up dramatically with the increase of mobile phones.. we're swimming in radio waves 24/7..
Sad to hear about Connolly, he's one of those comedians I could never really follow very well but he's without a doubt very talented. I liked the film he made years ago about sueing god for his boat sinking - he takes on the church and the insurance companies and despite quitting the case stitches them both up at the end. I just hope he'll be ok!
As for Pluscom and nadger, sorry to hear of your issues, I hope you'll both be ok!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: nadger

@PlusComUK - good luck with further PSA tests - as you say " better safe than sorry"

I have had a second PSA test, they will take the lower figure.
If it is high.......
An internal Ultrasound combined with a 12 sample biopsy which apparently doesn't hurt, but I would feel 12 sharp pains !!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Sprite
As for Pluscom and nadger, sorry to hear of your issues, I hope you'll both be ok!
Thanks - once one has had cancer one gets regular checks and, if something changes, they investigate.
My checks were only once a year and as they've not asked for PET scan it's not time to panic - I am 8 years older than BC.
itsme
Grafter

Cancer is the modern day plague isn't it. It seems most folks are going to suffer from it at some point in their lives now. Strange how the cancer infection rates have gone up dramatically with the increase of mobile phones.. we're swimming in radio waves 24/7..

Has cancer gone up or the fact that we know what it is and can detect it.
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: nadger

Thanks - once one has had cancer one gets regular checks and, if something changes, they investigate.
My checks were only once a year and as they've not asked for PET scan it's not time to panic - I am 8 years older than BC.

I've had a couple of internal physical examinations !!!   Cry
It all feels OK, no increase in size nor abnormalities.
So I am not too worried.
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK
Billy Connolly suffering from the 'initial symptoms' of Parkinson's Disease as he undergoes surgery for prostate cancer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2421778/Billy-Connolly-surgery-prostate-cancer-treated-...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/billy-connolly-support-floods-after-2278606

I've just had the PSA test recently, borderline results.

the  problem is  this.  you may  have  high blood  preasure..high  cholestral...  week  heart.... bad  kydneys ,  a  week liver...
  ware  does it  end  for  tests...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

The difference with prostate cancer is that if it is caught early it is curable in most cases. Leaving it is not usually a sensible option
In my department at work 3 people were diagnosed with prostate cancer (about 10%) and the only one who is no longer with us was the one where it was picked up too late and he was the youngest of the three
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Oldjim
In my department at work 3 people were diagnosed with prostate cancer (about 10%) and the only one who is no longer with us was the one where it was picked up too late and he was the youngest of the three

Quote from: itsme
Has cancer gone up or the fact that we know what it is and can detect it.

15 years ago hearing of anyone dying of cancer seemed to be pretty rare. Now we're all carrying mobiles in our trouser pockets every other bloke has prostate cancer and every other woman has ovarian cancer. As much as I love wireless technology for the convenience it brings, I think it's bl**dy dangerous too - just like overhead power cables that run over housing estates. Kids there are much more likely to suffer / die from lukemia.
For some reason though people are totally oblivious to the risk from mobile phone electromagnetic radiation. I did my best to avoid wifi too.. I scanned the street one day and just outside my front door I picked up over 23 wifi networks. We're swimming in the very same stuff that power lines put out.
Personally I do think that wireless has many uses but it's now out of control.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro

Quote from: kdoug007
Quote from: PlusComUK

the  problem is  this.  you may  have  high blood  preasure..high  cholestral...  week  heart.... bad  kydneys ,  a  week liver...
 ware  does it  end  for  tests...

I do hope any further tests do not contain any such misteaks mistakes !

nadger
Rising Star

15 years ago hearing of anyone dying of cancer seemed to be pretty rare.
People still died of cancer but it was a taboo subject.
Nowadays people do talk about it openly which is a good thing. Celebs say when they have it and that helps raise public awareness.
Had I not had cancer I'd probably have died from a burst abdominal aortic aneurysm which CT scans spotted.
Can't agree that mobile phones and wi-fi are to blame for an increase in cancer.
As we all live longer the likelihood of getting cancer increases as does the incidence of other illnesses.
Community Veteran

I have had two biopsies for prostate cancer, neither were significantly uncomfortable and both were clear. I do have some worries about the PSA figures, they seem to be such a routine but some experts rate them very unreliable. You do not hear of any other affordable test practices within the NHS which is either complacency or there are not any.