cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills

Fixes: 123

Bills

We shouldn't have to check them every month but I feel I have to.
Why are so many so complicated to work out how and when you are being charged Shocked
For instance my latest PN bill has a problem - to be sorted but I have high hopes that it will be in a timely manner Wink
First-Utility certainly haven't made it clear how the DD funds are distributed between gas and electricity. My first bill with them dated 31/8/14 showed the DD due on 2/9/14 as cleared! When asked they had no idea why.
EE bill produced today shows an over-charge of 28p. Last month I was given a free upgrade from their 2GB to 5GB package but they cannot, as yet, explain why I am being charged extra. The girl I spoke to tried fobbing me off with the excuse that it was the recent 2.7% price hike but that increase appeared from my June bill.
I wonder how much money these companies get from customers being wrongly billed simply because they fail to check and/or act on them.
Anyone else care to name a company that gives them a billing headache?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Bills

TalkTalk used to
They would always add a couple of extra quid in their favour on a contracted amount & would also charge for calls made to a company that no - one in the household would phone under any circumstances,(can't go into details for legal reasons as the case is still onging, after we found the BT Cabinet tampered with each time, plus neighbours had the same issue(s) with their respective ISP's) which caused a family argument on approx 3 - 4 occasions
I never paid for each of those calls (despite TalkTalk adding them on to each bill thereafter)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
I wonder how much money these companies get from customers being wrongly billed simply because they fail to check and/or act on them.

A lot?
We've had hassles like this many times over the years. It seems that all the big companies are trying it on knowing full well there are minimal legal implications for them from any government source who of course share the joy when it comes to taxing the profits.
I know one thing for sure.. there must be some extremely highly paid systems programmers in these companies who are being paid extra to ensure that these 'glitches' exist.. and to keep quiet about them.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Then there is anything from 30 days to 3 months wait for them to pay it back or credit to your account (whilst they incur the interest) Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps there is a good case to consider using smaller companies where ever possible, seems an increasing number of people are switching to smaller energy companies.
Same thing appears to be happening with some of the Banks.