cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Gates

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Bill Gates

Is kindly throwing some cash my way and, i guess I should be excited!! problem is,  i am far from excited. Yep more comedy spam.

Greetings You have been gifted $5 MILLION USD From Mr Bill Gates. Contact me at this email for your claim: ( REMOVED )

I hope this information meet you well as I know you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive a sum of $5,000,000,00 USD, our information below is 100% legitimate, please see the link below: ( REMOVED )

I BILL GATES and my wife decided to donate the sum of $5,000,000,00 USD to you as part of our charity project to improve the 10 lucky individuals all over the world from our $65 Billion Usd I and My Wife Mapped out to help people. We prayed and searched over the internet for assistance and i saw your profile on Microsoft email owners list and picked you. Melinda my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see. as you could see from the webpage above,am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no much time to live. although am a Billionaire investor and we have helped some charity organizations from our Fund.

You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, Before we die we decided to donate the remaining of our Billions to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, Haiti, hospitals in truro where Melinda underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our payout bank of this charity donation. we have kept just 30% of the entire sum to our self for the remaining days because i am no longer strong am sick and am writing you from hospital computer.and me and my wife will be traveling to Germany for Treatment.

To facilitate the payment process of the funds ($5,000,000.00 USD) which have been donated solely to you, you are to send me

your full names.................
your contact address................
your personal telephone number...............
SEND YOUR ABOVE DETAILS TO (REMOVED )

so that i can forward your payment information to you immediately. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your City. please you have to do your part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful You Can Google my name for more information: Mr Bill Gates or Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Remain Blessed

Regards
Mr Bill Gates

18 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Bill Gates

Cheesy Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yup advance free fraud, of course some stranger is willing to give you money.
Just send them a few thousand via Western Union and you'll not get your money and hear from them again.

I site I can recommend reading, is www.scamorama.com

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Forward it to me... i'll reply with my old bosses details LOL

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

@Steve

How come you get all this good luck ?

Wink

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

You Can Google my name for more information: Mr Bill Gates or Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

My sides! Funny

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@gleneagles According to the email I was on the ' list ' Grin

Pete11
Pro

"Hello, I'm Bill Gates and I'm skint. Please send all loose change you have to 'Bill's Empty Pockets Fund' and you will receive my personal thank you"  Grin  Funny

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

It gets better @jaread83 one of the links that email wanted me to check so that I was certain it was indeed sent from the man himself looked like it would of took me to his Wiki page. I never clicked it and removed it from here but it looked like that is where it would have taken me. 100% proof  that this is all legit!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Of course it's about time I sold those 1000 M$ shares I bought at $21 each in 1986 with my inheritance money. With splits they've grown to 288000 shares at $74 each. The trouble is owing a minor visa irregularity I can't go to the USA to release them and I need some money to pay someone to sell them in the USA through their bank account on my behalf in return for a 10% cut. ....

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I e-mailed bill last tuesday... he must be a dead busy guy im still waiting 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Pete11
Pro

Yes... he's busy sending out all those emails.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

On a slightly serious note (sorry folks), I'm amazed this kind of thing is still doing the rounds. I remember back in the days when I was very lax in the places I allowed my email address to go, I got a large amount of 'dodgy' mail, but even then knew them for what they were and ignored 'em.

These days, even my Tiscali/TalkTalk addresses which I have still kept, get a miniscule number of spam emails, and my PN ones maybe two or three a year.

Like the spurious phone calls, I've found that if you ignore them for long enough, they dwindle to almost nothing, and frankly I'm surprised either of the 'industries' survive , given the amount of advice on avoiding them that is available.

John
Community Veteran

jab1 wrote:

On a slightly serious note (sorry folks), I'm amazed this kind of thing is still doing the rounds. I remember back in the days when I was very lax in the places I allowed my email address to go, I got a large amount of 'dodgy' mail, but even then knew them for what they were and ignored 'em.

What he said.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

On a slightly different note I often get various emails.along the lines of "confirm your twitter account" and other legit online organisations.

I find it hard to believe that numerous people just happen to make up an address that happens to be one of my numerous email addresses.

I wonder if the actual organisations themselves are somehow farming the email addresses then sending out a sort of invite just in an attempt to increase their membership/client base.