cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big issue for Obama?

jmd
Grafter

Big issue for Obama?

Well, Obama has said what he is finding a big issue at present and it is - what sort of dog to get!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7691667.stm

A lot of the Americans who post on the Cairn terrier Forum do not want him to get a Cairn because it would make them too popular!  But several newspapers are running polls on the issue.................................
30 REPLIES
techguy
Grafter

Re: Big issue for Obama?

Oh to be the PM or US prez eh?
Almost everything is taken care of for you so you can worry about the really important stuff  Crazy
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Had to chuckle at this take on Obama's acceptance speech that b3ta linked to in last week's newsletter  Grin

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

I liked his comment about getting a mutt, like himself.  Grin
(presumably mutt is American for mongrel?)
techguy
Grafter

Yes very good indeed Bob
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: techguy
Almost everything is taken care of for you so you can worry about the really important stuff

Er! when did all this worrying about the important stuff start then? Our current (unelected) PM may talk a lot, but doesn't do very much....
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

Was my point, we worry about the important stuff while our representatives worry about unimportant stuff like what dog to get or the olympics.
Community Veteran

well, you don't seriously expect them to be there for your benefit, do you?  all you did was elect the useless prats.
techguy
Grafter

And to think that the original idea was that people that entered office wanted to represent their fellow human beings.
Mind you, only met a few people in my life I have any time for anyway so why should I expect better of politicians.
Community Veteran

I will qualify my last post; that our illustrious PM and his cabinet cohorts DO worry, about, how they can dupe Joe public and, more importantly (to them) how they can cover their a***s before they're thrown out of office, and their appalling mis-management shows them up for the dire, self-serving shower they are.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

The security service has told Obama to stop using his Blackberry today as it is not secure and his emails could be tapped into.  They have instructed all dealings must be on paper.  So much for modern technology  Wink
Community Veteran

@artmo, fascinating, why am I not surprised?

Community Veteran

i'd tell the security mob to naff off.  whatever happened to open government?  ho ho ho. Tongue
Community Veteran

Possibly an indication of where the real power is Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Possibly an indication of where the real power is

Uhmm! petlew drums fingers on desk thinking; well now there's a thought...