Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big collective energy switch on the way

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Big collective energy switch on the way

Just a heads up
Money Saving Expert/Cheap Energy Club have a collective switch happening from the 2nd Feb , to get an offer you need to get the MSE weekly email or be a member of the CEC by 31st Jan
More info here :  http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/01/19/why-you-now-need-to-join-to-get-a-super-cheap-mse-colle...
If you are on a fixed plan that has exit fees, you can move 49 days before end of plan , and you will not be charged, that what First Utility  have informed me
This is just in time for my First Utility ending in March
Kind regards
Mike
Mike
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Big collective energy switch on the way

I'm also on a First Utility deal ending in March. Yesterday they sent me an email trying to get me to sign up to their 2 year deal. Looking at what they are offering their rates are going up when I would expect to see them going down. I will wait to see what others offer.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

They did the same to me by phone last week , they offered me a plan , which is more than i pay now so doubt i will stay, as there are cheaper in the market.
There is another collective switching coming at the same time as MSE/CEC via Big Community Switch : https://bigcommunityswitch.ichoosr.com/Product/index.rails?actionId=443
One grip with FU , my bills do not usually show up in my account  till 4 -  6 days after my statement date .
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran

My county council ran a scheme last year. I signed up through them. I believe they are going to do the same this year.
Interestingly EON has reduced their tariffs this morning so others of the big six will follow. BG reduced their tariffs earlier this year.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

These big collective swaps are fine provided that nothing goes wrong with your account. If it does, it would be wise to realize that all the extra customers that the successful energy provider receives will place a BIG burden on their customer services, as I have found out to my cost with First Utility. They still haven't sorted out a metering problem that surfaced last September and it has taken correspondence with the CEO to get anything moving, albeit very slowly. They obviously couldn't cope with the influx of new customers.