Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biased reporting

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Biased reporting

From The Times today linky]
THE Met Office is to warn gardeners to plan for a warmer climate by cultivating drought-...

UK forecast for Summer 2008
Temperature
There is a slightly enhanced chance of more frequent cloudy and cool spells compared to recent summers prior to 2007. Nevertheless, mean temperatures are more likely to be above the 1971-2000 average.
Rainfall
Our forecasting methods continue to suggest that rainfall is more likely to be either near, or above average.
Compare and contrast as they say in an exam.
Also from The Times [http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article3677469.ece]linky[/url]
Forecasters expect the summer weather, after the drought of 2006 and the floods of 2007, to return to the more traditional pattern of “three fine days and a thunderstorm”. Temperatures will be higher than average for Britain but in line with the heat associated in recent years with climate change.
9 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Biased reporting

I see - you need third of a garden of plants for drought, and third of  a garden of plants for wet weather.  Then the other third with a mixture of plants that can cope with any weather.  Then you should have something flowering at some point in the summer?  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

my garden is doing fine.  i never water it and it has survived 10 years of consistent neglect by annually producing crops of daffodils, celandine, bluebell, buttercup, dandelion and baskets of wild strawberries.  oh, yes.  there's some grass growing in there too, but i wouldn't call it a lawn.  it's there to keep the other plants company.
i'm still laughing at michael fish's assertion that 'there is no hurricane' or words to that effect.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@jmdlp
I thought you  did your gardening in the garage...... (according to another thread somewhere)  Grin Cheesy
Pegasus56
Grafter

Hav'nt they Heard the report (reported in the Press) that We are (probably) in for 10Yrs(at Least!) of 'Cooling' Weather.
All these Doom & Gloom Merchants are doing is Talking Up the 'Theory' of Global Warming (which is based on missinterprated & Spurious Research) to:
1. Increase Taxes.
2. [in the case of the so called Experts] Securing themselves nice Big Grants, Increased Book Sales & Income from TV Interviews!
P.S.
When I moved to my current address (10+Yrs ago) in the summer I had to have All the Windows Open & Large Fans operating to circulate the Air(the living room was still warm at night).
For the last few years I have had to (more & more) Heat up My home (even in the Summer) to make it bearable, ergo My Gas & Electricity Bills Have slowly Rocketed over the last 4-5Yrs, meaning I now have to count every Penny & Micro-Monitor All My Power Usage. Sad
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
I thought you  did your gardening in the garage...... (according to another thread somewhere) 

You are being toooo literal.  My gardening tools are in garage - the garden is outside..................... Crazy
Community Veteran

yeah, you keep your pets in the garage, doncha?
jmd
Grafter

artificer - The only animal in the garage is one I don't particularly want! Sad
geewizz
Grafter

your husband?
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: geewizz
your husband?

No, I am single......................but if you read another thread you will realise there is a mouse about............. and not the computer variety! Tongue