Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better than mis-filling, I suppose

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Better than mis-filling, I suppose

As it was embarrassing rather than expensive.

Yesterday my car told me it was in danger of dehydrocarbonation, so i decided to refuel today. I could either do that before or after my musical appreciation class, at a garage 1.5 miles distant. Sensibly I chose to go early, in good time to refuel and male a timely arrival at class.

I filled the tank with £50+ of petrol, but where were my cards? I felt each pocket, noticed a lump at the jacket bottom, but that was my phone that had escaped through a hole in the lining. I looked in the money wallet; it held not quite £50.

So. into the cashier it was in expectation of a less than pleasant reception. I was surprised, as they were well prepared with proper forms, as they said it happens quite regularly. The ladies' farewell was friendly too.

I went back this afternoon to pay, at the price of 3 petrol miles and at most 30 minutes of time.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
2 REPLIES 2
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Better than mis-filling, I suppose

Norman Lamont did it at the time he was chancellor of the exchequer at a BP garage down from us at Baldock.Imagine, a government official with no money Knuppel

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Better than mis-filling, I suppose

@Marksfish They don't need any, They can always use ours.Roll_eyesFunny

In my far off young bank clerk days, i worked in a large City branch. It was surprising, how often on a Friday, a minute or so after the tills closed, someone would realise he or she had no money for the weekend, and had to ask for a loan from petty cash. Cobblers' last with due modification, I feel.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.