cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better late than never I suppose

TORPC
Grafter

Better late than never I suppose

Important: Password update Important: Password update Important: Password update
eBay recently discovered a cyberattack on our corporate information network that compromised a database containing encrypted eBay user passwords. We have no evidence that financial information was accessed or compromised.
As a precautionary measure we’re asking all eBay members to change their passwords. We take security on eBay very seriously, and we want to ensure that you feel safe and secure buying and selling on eBay.

When you next log in to eBay on your desktop, you will be asked to change your password straight away. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:

Type in your user ID or the email address tied to your eBay account and hit Continue

You will be prompted with three options

Email: Instructions will be sent to the email address stored in your account information

SMS: A PIN will be sent to the mobile phone stored in your account information

Call: You will be called on the phone number stored on your account information and you will be provided with a PIN

For email follow the instructions provided in the email sent to you

For SMS/Call proceed on the next page with the PIN provided to you

Should you have any problems at this stage, you can contact us by clicking eBay Customer Support on the next screen

If you have reset your password on or after 21 May, 2014 we do not need you to take any additional action at this time.

Go to eBay

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Better late than never I suppose

I had a similar notification from eBay just after it happened.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

So did I.  Old news?
TORPC
Grafter

I think I must of been in the last leg(s) of the roll out Tongue
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I had a similar notification yesterday but as it looked sus I checked the meta data and found it was sent from some Italian university mail account .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

I had one too! Luckily I had read HoaxSlayer recently on the subject, which roundly denounced the email as a phishing exercise and nothing to do with eBay otself. It is, however, strange that the perperporator seems to have.got hold of a lot of genuine addresses! Nanotom did well to scour the source..