cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Live Band (Recent years)

Community Veteran

Best Live Band (Recent years)

It is comming near festival time of year again so a lot of friends and I have started talking about the Oxegen music festival just south of Dublin. A very large group of us drive down every year without fail. We have been talking about Greenday playing at Oxegen 2005. Everyone (who was there) has agreed that they are the best live band they have every seen. I have seen lots of bands over the years including U2 (several times) REM, The Who just to name a couple but for me Greenday live was way beyond anything else and I am definitely not their biggest fan. Anyone else see Greenday live around this time? Is it just us that thinks this?
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Best Live Band (Recent years)

I would say that I prefer James (any) or Muse (Glastonbury)  to the Greenday gigs.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Interesting. I seen Muse and James also at Oxegen but also seen James in 1998 at Slane Castle (Also south of Dublin). Although both fantastic I still think it was nothing compared with Greenday at Oxegen. Maybe my group of friends and I had just consumed a little more alcohol that usual the night Grenday played!  Grin
Fixes: 104

Well to be fair I didn't see Greenday at Oxegen so it might have been amazing and I missed it  and as they say you had to be there.
But hey looks like you have a good taste in music so we'll let bygones be bygones  Grin
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I have a really wide ranging taste in music. As a drummer in a band for years I have a good appreciation for real musical talent especially live music. Unfortunately (in my opinion) real musical talent is something that a large part of the UK music industry lacks. It is not that there is no talent out there because there is lots of it. Problem is that for some reason the forces that exist in the UK decide to promote a lot of absolute rubbish instead!
To find good music I find it better to search the internet. Even listening to Irish radio (I live in NI) allows me to hear a lot more talented new bands than is promoted on UK National radio. It is a shame.
LiamM
Grafter

Muse are definitely my favourite Live band.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Liam
Muse are definitely my favourite Live band.

Although I prefer Greenday to Muse live I cannot help but notice your fantastic taste in Wireless router! (I have a DG834 and seperate access point but I have set up loads of DG834G's)