cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Broadband

Community Veteran

Best Broadband

Which? has conducted a survey to find the best broadband providers. Utility Warehouse, Zen and John Lewis come out on top. Does PN still provide the JL service?

Best Broadband
15 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Best Broadband

yeah but asking 2000 people what they think and claiming the results as definitive when there are more than 10 million bb customers smacks of paid promotion for smaller firms, AAISP has glowing customer testimonials, plusnet under its many names has lots of satisfied customers as does BT and sky and even stalk stalk is rated by a lot of people yet out of the millions of potential referrals they cherry pick 2000  customers and then produce a nice report complete with statistics, a few years back which would of asked at least 100,000 people and included all those results, not surprising though they have taken the same approach with a lot of product offerings as well, like the "which recommended" washing machine I purchased 1 month before they gave a competing product the label, the thing is so noisy it couldn't have been recommended by anyone and its not faulty just the ear shattering 85dB clatter from the motor at full pelt  needless to say it went back after a week and I got a much quieter (35dB) unit in exchange, the model that scored lowest in both the best buy awards.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

A 2000 sample is not unreasonable.
TORPC
Grafter

I which I had a £1 for every sample that was received Cheesy Grin
pwatson
Rising Star

nanotm - Apart from the fact that you win tonight's award for the longest sentence, you're contribution is as useful as ever.  Well designed* opinion polls with true random sampling often only use 1000+ responses, not 100,000 and a 35dBA washing machine is unlikely to work very well as it won't have a functioning motor!
* I make no comment on whether Which surveys are well designed and random of course... Smiley
nanotm
Pro

or it could just have used some sound proofing material to lessen the raw noise.....
pwatson
Rising Star

I'm sure readers would love to know the make and model number of this wonder machine but I'm not holding my breath...
TORPC
Grafter

I very much doubt that any of these were used to find the level of the claimed dBA
nanotm
Pro

why waste money on a meter when theres an app for that ?
TORPC
Grafter

Interesting,
Is this a free or paid app from the app store ?Huh
Can you provide a link, as this would be good to monitor the kids Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@TORPC, I was surprised to find this... http://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2014/04/09/sound-apps/
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: pwatson
nanotm - Apart from the fact that you win tonight's award for the longest sentence

You are allowed to take a breath at each comma if that helps Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: w23
@TORPC, I was surprised to find this... http://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2014/04/09/sound-apps/

Cheers w23
That is an interesting & surprising discovery
nanotm
Pro

Personally I used sound sentry on my windows phone, its a paid app but you can use it on a laptop as well, given that I already have the gadget it's a lot cheaper than a proper sound meter and accurate enough for government work Cool
TORPC
Grafter

What gadget would that be that you already had ?Huh